• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

More Databases for one User

DReffects

Basic Pleskian
i just switched from ensim to plesk...

first of all the migration doesnt work at all.
second thing is this **** with the database users. i know lots of professional scripts that use multiple databases at the same time. also my customers do.

this is totally inacceptable and far from any standard.

@SwSoft: plase release a upgrade IMMEDIATELY cause your software is unuseable the way it is now.

Sure i could give the rights manually in MYSQL... not hard, really.
i can. but dumb customers that rely on the common control panel features ensim confixx or cpanel provides dont. i don't need a expensive control panel if my customers cannot use it the way they are used to. yeah, i COULD add the right manually... i also COULD create new domains by hand via the apache config... i COULD do a lot of other things... but i do not want to - thats the reason for a CP like plesk.

this is a step backwards instead of forwards. nowadays you cannot sell hosting without a control panel - and hey - confixx can do things that the new and oh so magical plesk can't? and what should i tell my existing customers that use two or more databases, spent lots of money for the development of their websites and then find that with an UPDATE to a NEW control panel even the most basic things wont work?

Creating a seperate mysql connect for each database is for some communities i host simply impossible. also, creating a new connection to the database everytime isnt really a CPU load-saver....

man, this sucks!

You do know this is a user support forum and SWsoft does not check it all that often.

Originally posted by ClayCulver
You do know this is a user support forum and SWsoft does not check it all that often.
well my mails also got ignored so i figured this would raise some attention.

anyway - two things that **** big time:
1. database users
2. no domain alias support...

many of my customers have more than just one domain for their website which usually would be simply added as an alias like in plesk... to do that in plesk i have to create a seperate 'redirect' domain which costs me one of my domains purchased with the 100 domains license... great !

Umm ... well it was serious, but I've clearly posted it in the wrong thread. Sorry about that. :D

Thanks. I did this with mySQL yesterday using those exact docs. :)

Even if they did respond...which they won't. They're translating to russian. Since you can't spell, or form very good sentences, you probably won't get much help anyway.

I switched from Ensim to plesk two years ago, and I have to say Plesk is way better. Ensim is to rigid, and there aren't too many options as far as customization goes. Support is terrible on both sides, so you have to rely on the forums. Plesk admins and developers are much more friendly, and more apt to help you out of a jam. The trick is not to be a phalice.

Originally posted by ClayCulver

..what has a reason.

I think is is better that they put there time in the software then browsing a stupid forum ;)

Create your own script for that mate..

Heya Buddy,

Well you can easily create your own script for that - I mean sure I seriously hate the lack of that feature and the lack of the multiple ftp accounts per domain feature too but when something don't work u often gotta fix it yourself.

So, what I suggest you to do - is to add a button to your client's plesk template which will lead to a script that will let them choose a database and a user - and kaboom - links them together (u can do it by writing to the "mysql" database, "db" table - of course u'll need to use your root/admin mysql user for that) - it will take your clients like 1 extra minute but it will work..

Sure it's not ideal but it will work.
So there goes - less than a day of work and tada - u've got a new genius precious feature to show off with - and your clients will spread the word of their genius admin and you'll get milion of new clients and then you'll have money for a different control panel which already supports all these features ;)

Hey... would it be possible to have someone do a basic how to on this. I had a look at the two docs at the links in a previous post and was like duh.... Unfortunately i am not to bright on mysql. Or, at an ask... display the script that would let you do this using a button in plesk. Failing that how much for the script, Dragons Master? :D

Anyone...?

Cheers,
Maart

I believe in trial and error - try making a basic "test" button for the clients interface and make a client to try it out with - u'll quickly find adding pages to plesk a rather easy task.

I'd write such a script but tomorrow I get drafted for basic training in the Israeli Army (IDF - Israel Defense Forces) and would really rather spend my last hours home in a different way.. I would however suggest you to get sharper in the mysql database administration:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql-database-administration.html
Especially privilege system (5.6) and user account management (5.7) from that to making the script the road is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY short.

also, I found myself without a root mysql user for some reason - if that happens to u, here's a nice way to make yourself a root user.. I'll shell commands with # in the beginning and mysql commands starting with mysql>

Code:
# /etc/init.d/mysqld stop
# /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables &
# mysql mysql
mysql> INSERT INTO user VALUES('localhost','newroot',PASSWORD('new_password'), 'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');
mysql> flush privileges;
mysql> exit;

# kill %1
# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

change "newroot" to the root username u would like to use and "new_password" to the pass u want and u'll have a new root-like superuser, and u need one if u wanna write to the "mysql" database.

Well I won't confuse you any longer - I myself am still exploring the power of plesk. still think cPanel is way better in features and ease to use but there are always workarounds for that kinda stuff.

Cheers,
- Ben

Back