• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving a domain to a different client

T

timbr8ks

I have five clients on my server, two of whom have become one. I'd like to move the domains under one client to the other client and then delete the excess client. How do I do this?

Login to mysql with:

mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Type:

use psa;

Type:

UPDATE domains SET cl_id = ID WHERE name = 'domain.com';

Type:

exit

Hello,
You could try the creation utils..

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u <domain.com> -clogin <user>
ie...
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u thedomain.com -clogin newuser

Subsitute the domain and the new user accounts name...
That should do it for you.

--john

John,

Excuse my ignorance but I'm a newbie at this. Where do I find the Creation Utils? Or is there a way to do this within the Plesk 7 GUI?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello,
Have a look in /usr/local/psa/bin

The creation tools are documented in the handbook,
have a look here. :)
Handbook -> Creation Utilities

You will need to execute the command(s) as root.

Hope that helped.
Cheers.

Originally posted by jprince
Hello,
You could try the creation utils..

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u <domain.com> -clogin <user>
ie...
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u thedomain.com -clogin newuser

Subsitute the domain and the new user accounts name...
That should do it for you.

--john

I have been working with plesk for a year and a bit more, i have done a lot of moves of domains between clients with no problems, i have used both ways MySQL way and Plesk Creation utils way...

now where comes my questions???

just now i have been trying to change the password for the domain administrator of some domains i have moved from a client to another and only as admin i am allowed to perform such task, there must be a bug somewhere that doesnt allow you to change password when you move a domain between clients, any one have come with a solution yet?

Please dont tell me that "delete and recreate the domain" as for 5 domains is ok, but for more than 50 is not a solution at all, it is really a problem if i have to delete and recreate them.

Best regards,

If you've changed a domain to a new client and start getting errors I find it's because the new client doesn't have the IP of the domain in their IP pool. Check the IP pool.

Back