• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

moving Plesk to a new server ?

F

fgilain

moving Plesk to a new server : pleskrestore problem

Hello all,

I want to change my existing Plesk Server for a new server (both are using Plesk 8.20, but old server is RHEL3ES+php4+mysql3.2XX and new one is RHEL5+php5+mysql5).

could someone tell me the best way to do this (backup domains, clients, websites, email accouts, web_users) and howto transfer Plesk Licence from the old server to the new one...

thanks

Florent

just for information, i have read the documentation concerning backup/restore.

My problem is concerning licence key, bacause both servers will run for few days together wit hthe same key in order to verify that all is ok and that we won't have to go back..

Florent

another question, when creating the map from the backup file dump, i get this error message : WARNING: Backup file has wrong signature for this server

i suppose it's because i want ot restore on a different server ?

Florent

new error message :

[root@s-mails-02 bin]# ./pleskrestore --restore /MYCOMPANY/backup_full_www2.dmp -level all -map /MYCOMPANY/backup_full_www2.map
WARNING: Backup file has wrong signature for this server
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restore has been started
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elapsed time: 00:00:00
WARNING! Restore with "-level server" switch brings server to exactly the same
state, as was saved in backup file. All objects, not presented in the backup
file (clients or domains) will be deleted. Proceed? [yes/no]: yes

Elapsed time: 00:00:08Uncaught std::exception: UnixClientSocket::UnixClientSocket, connect: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 116, in doActivityRunner
newState = self.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 817, in doActivity
cmd.spawn(os.environ.has_key("PLESKRESTORE_MODE"))
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 238, in spawn
proc.run()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 193, in run
BaseSubprocess.run(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 177, in run
self.wait()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 197, in wait
BaseSubprocess.wait(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 187, in wait
raise NonzeroExitException(self, os.WEXITSTATUS(status))
NonzeroExitException: was finished with exit code 1

waiting on response from anyone and more importantly plesk admin.... i dont get the exact error but i get an issue regarding "Server Signature"

plesk admin please help!

I advise you to try the Migration Manager instead of the backup/restore tools. Ask your Plesk license reseller/SWsoft for a temporary key for the migration.

how is migration manager going to help me? is it not only for converting different hosting control panels to plesk? i am moving 8.2 to 8.2 linux pcp.

No, the Migration Manager also does migrations from one Plesk server to another. Check the docs for more info.

Will do, thank you. I will post back with my results..... doesn't seem that there are any admins on here. I am talking to one via e-mail right now but other than that I not ever received help from them.

Thanks a lot breun! Much appreciated!

PS just checking out the documentation and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of this migration tool... any reading sources you can suggest?

On it right now, thanks breun... just delete all clients i tried to restore and going to migrate.

Cheers... i'll let you know how it turns out.

Yeah that didn't help. It was worth a try thought. I am still getting the exact same problem, I can only call up two sites and not the rest... something with the DNS is not right.

Any ideas?

Back