• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ms sql server

S

sdadept

I just purchased the 30 license single server version of plesk 6.5 for windows to give it a run and see how it holds up. So far the setup has gone very well and I'm quite pleased.

However, when I try to go setup my ms sql server 2k it says my license key doesn't support it. I've searched this site top to bottom and I can't find anything about an addon that I need to get in order to make sql server work. Furthermore, the documentation states that plesk6.5 supports sql server, which was one of the reasons I bought it, (so why exactly would I need an addon to do what its supposed to do?).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Possible Solution

If you are attempting to look at database information or set database information from the Server area, this is where you will definitely see a "not licensed" complaint. You should attempt to do this from the Domain Control panel for the domain you want the Database affiliated with.

Let me know if this works.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

The Microsoft SQL Server ist not supported in the "Standard" 30 licence. It can be buy as an option !
This is an info by plesk support !!!

My recommendation would be to use MySQL unless your customers specifically require MS SQL. The problem with MS SQL aside from price, is CPU and memory Overhead. Most quality Web Applications usually have support options for both SQL Servers.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

so the $99 sql addon is for MS SQL. and i can use the mySql without the SQL adoon. confussing caz when i go into my key info in the pannel or is says a "NO" by SQL.. So i am allowed to use MYsql with the plesk pannel or i need the SQL addon for this? Or if I don't purchase the SQL addon, will this Prohibit Any SQL Managment within the PLESK Panel.. Like i said confussing.....

I too have purchased the 30 user license.

-Jeff

Hy,

the sql addon is only for microsoft sql, only if you use the microsoft sql server, you need the addon for 99 dollar.

the normal 30 user licence allow MYsql

Back