1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MSSQL Express

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by badkneecap, Mar 22, 2006.

1. badkneecap

badkneecap Guest

I have Plesk 7.5.6 loaded on my server. I also installed MS SQL Server 2005 Express. I am also using SQL Server Management Studio Express CTP to access it and it seems to be working fine. When I tried to install DNN, I got an error that MS SQL needs to be installed. What do I need to do so that DNN will see the MS SQL and install?

2. swarm

swarm Guest

Actually Plesk 7.5.6 doesn't support fully MS SQL Server 2005 Express yet. Full support will be added in nearest patches or hotfixes.

3. XuMiX

XuMiX Guest

badkneecap,
    Have you made configuration of MSSQL in PleskCP - Server - Databases ?

4. Henrique

Henrique Guest

Any update on this

Does Plesk already fully support MSSQL Express 2005?

5. DUKom2

DUKom2 Guest

I have an install of plesk 8.1 using sql 2005 express with no issues. just install sql first.

DUKom2

6. sysber

sysber Basic Pleskian

57%
    The version plesk 8.1 supports MSSQL EXPRESS 2005?
    Because in the version of my panel of control 8.1 still the version is installed 2000 MSDE :confused:

7. DUKom2

DUKom2 Guest

You have to first install SQL Express then Plesk choosing database option to use MSSQL. I think that I had to change a port or something, been a while so I forgot.

DUKom2