• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL Express

B

badkneecap

I have Plesk 7.5.6 loaded on my server. I also installed MS SQL Server 2005 Express. I am also using SQL Server Management Studio Express CTP to access it and it seems to be working fine. When I tried to install DNN, I got an error that MS SQL needs to be installed. What do I need to do so that DNN will see the MS SQL and install?

Actually Plesk 7.5.6 doesn't support fully MS SQL Server 2005 Express yet. Full support will be added in nearest patches or hotfixes.

badkneecap,
Have you made configuration of MSSQL in PleskCP - Server - Databases ?

Any update on this

Does Plesk already fully support MSSQL Express 2005?

I have an install of plesk 8.1 using sql 2005 express with no issues. just install sql first.

DUKom2

The version plesk 8.1 supports MSSQL EXPRESS 2005?
Because in the version of my panel of control 8.1 still the version is installed 2000 MSDE :confused:

You have to first install SQL Express then Plesk choosing database option to use MSSQL. I think that I had to change a port or something, been a while so I forgot.

DUKom2

Back