• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL & Plesk

E

Eroc

I am renting a W3K Web Server from Serverbeach and it I requested Plesk on it.

When I try to install MSSQL 2k on it from the MSDN that I have and the install shield comes up and then goes away...

I cannot get MSSQL installed on this box no matter what I do. The only thing on it is Plesk and it runs fine on an identical machine that has Windows 2003 that doesnt have Plesk.

Anyone have any ideas what I am suppose to do to Plesk to get MSSQL installed on my box?

Thanks!
Eroc

Are you trying installing it remotely? if so it's most likely the installer doesn't work nicly with Terminal Services

I install MSSQL remotely all the time... in W2k and W3k.

Thanks
Eroc

So do I, but I cant see any reason why Plesk would stop it from running .. where as on the other hand Terminal Services doesn't always play nice.

Caveat .. still new to Plesk windows myself too so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Have you tried to turn off the MSSQL that is installed with Plesk?
That is probably what is stopping it.
Look in your Serivces list and you should the MSSQL listed in there I think.

Peace,
Dubie

Doh .. If I'd have read your first more closely I'd have spotted you said web edition, thats definitely the reason why.

I had them reload my server with W2k Server and plesk again... I more familiar with it and I won't get another "unexpected" suprise !

Eroc

Back