• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSSQL sa password?

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I cannot get Plesk CP 9.x to be able to 'test' the MSSQL database.

Under Database in Plesk CP 9 I have the following:
Hostname: localhost
Database version: not listed
Use MSSQL as default: YES
Authentication:
Admin login: sa
Current Admin pw: <nothing listed>
New Admin pw: blank... I didn't want to change this because I think the 'sa' login is supposed to NOT have a pw, but I'm not sure.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Hello,

1) Please check if your Parallels Panel license allows you to manage MSSQL from Plesk Control Panel
2) If yes, then confiure your MSSQL server with "sa" login:
a. Install Microsoft MSSQL Managemnet Studio,
b. Open it and check in Server security tab if the SQL server allows both types of authentication (Windows and MSSQL),
c. Check the "sa" login - it should be enabled in MSSQL,
d. Specify the password for the account in MSSQL,
e. Use the same password in Parallels Panel (on the specified page).

Regards,
Maria.

MSSQL SA Login & Password?

Maria,
Thank you for writing back. Greatly appreciated!
I have Plesk 9.x installed which allows me to manage databases. I don't see any function directly in Plesk CP
to manage MSSQL, although the Databases has functions. Do you mean this Database config? Or something
else? I also thought Plesk CP Reconfigurator allowed such function but I didn't check yet...

With the standard "sa" login... Does this need a password or is it empty? No password?
Yes, I have MSSQL Management Studio installed and am able to change db security login info.
Under the authentication, I only see one or the other, Windows or MSSQL. I'll try checking both, but it seems
as if it is one or the other.

Do you know anything about Sitebuilder? Plesk CP 9.x does not seem to have problem communicating with MSSQL
but upon installing 9.x overtop of 8.x, upgrading to 9.2 that is, everything works, except for Sitebuilder.

I cannot find anywhere to configure Sitebuilder MSSQL data. Do you know how?

Thank you very much for all the info, it helped me greatly. I think "sa" login should have pw but I remember
somewhere reading, at least I think I do, that "sa" should have 'empty password'... But, again I'm not sure on this.

Sincerely,

Dave.

Hello,

1) Please check if your Parallels Panel license allows you to manage MSSQL from Plesk Control Panel
2) If yes, then confiure your MSSQL server with "sa" login:
a. Install Microsoft MSSQL Managemnet Studio,
b. Open it and check in Server security tab if the SQL server allows both types of authentication (Windows and MSSQL),
c. Check the "sa" login - it should be enabled in MSSQL,
d. Specify the password for the account in MSSQL,
e. Use the same password in Parallels Panel (on the specified page).

Regards,
Maria.

Back