1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

multi-user page editing

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by faris, Oct 27, 2005.

1. faris

faris Guest

I'm afraid this is a little OT, but can someone help?

I'm after a GPL or commercial script or package that would allow a client to have a website with something like 50 pages, but with each page being editable by a different (non-technicl) person who would have no access to any of the other pages for editing.

Macromedia Contribute springs to mind as a non server-side option, as it would do exactly what we need, but I think £100 (UK) per user is a bit extreme.

Any other suggestions? What about a script like Nuke (but not Nuke, as I'm not really happy about the security on nuke/post-nuke and in any case it would be hard to get it to look like a normal website rather than a nuke-type site. This needs to look like a normal website).

Thanks,

Faris.

2. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

What about something like Mambo CMS?

3. faris

faris Guest

Does Mambo support multiple users with individual page access control? If so then yes, this is exactly the kind of suggestion I was after! Thanks. I'll have a look now.

Faris.

4. ChipMonk

ChipMonk Guest

yes, mambo/joomla does support multi user editing.

even you can do it with typo3 (but its very hard to learn).

mambo i myself have used for multi user projects.

5. faris

faris Guest

I had a go with mambo, but...I don't know...I found it hard to get to grips with the templates. I wish they would provide blank page templates rather than all these fancy ones that confuse me.

I'll try Joomla now

Faris.

6. ChipMonk

ChipMonk Guest

there are some template providers those provide you raw templates.

as the core is same, u will face same problem in joomla as well.

btw, handling templates is a bit tricky in mambo/joomla, once u are familiar with the logics, its very easy to re-configure anything in it.

second thing, there are some commercial providers who will do template modifications for u as well (try mambers)