• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

My Domains account

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
The manual mentions that I should have a special account in Plesk called My Domains for....well....my own domains. I don't seem to have that account on my system. I've upgraded Plesk since version 7 so I wonder if it's only something that gets created with a fresh installation of 8?

Am I the only one without this special account?

Hello,

Never heared of such thing.
I freshly installed a few servers but there is always the option to name the default(first client).- you even have the option to create it or leave it for later.
There is something that you misunderstood from the doc.

Here's the excerpt from the Plesk manual, in the About Plesk section:
Note: for the purpose of hosting your own sites, you should use a special service account which is created during Plesk setup. The account is registered with the control panel under the name My Domains.

I'm having the same problem/question/issue. The docs indicate that there should be a 'my domains' section but I cant locate it.

Anyone know what the story is?

i couldn't find that either. It might be a bit of a leftover in the manual by the looks - there are no other references to "My Domains" anywhere in it

Yeah, I gave up on the whole thing and hired Reliable Penguin to do the migration for me. So far I am extremely happy with them, they've pretty much migrated everything in under a week - thats a total of 5 primary domains, 7 sub domains, and 9 forwarded domains that I don't have to mess around with myself. AND they migrated them from a freebsd machine with no control panel of any kind to a RHEL server with Plesk 8.x ..

These guys are well worth the money if you need this stuff done right and dont have time to figure it out yourself.

http://reliablepenguin.com/

Back