1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

My Domains account

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PSi_101, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PSi_101

PSi_101 Regular Pleskian

57%
    The manual mentions that I should have a special account in Plesk called My Domains for....well....my own domains. I don't seem to have that account on my system. I've upgraded Plesk since version 7 so I wonder if it's only something that gets created with a fresh installation of 8?

Am I the only one without this special account?

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

Never heared of such thing.
    I freshly installed a few servers but there is always the option to name the default(first client).- you even have the option to create it or leave it for later.
    There is something that you misunderstood from the doc.

3. PSi_101

PSi_101 Regular Pleskian

57%
    Here's the excerpt from the Plesk manual, in the About Plesk section:

4. rmagnuson

rmagnuson Guest

I'm having the same problem/question/issue. The docs indicate that there should be a 'my domains' section but I cant locate it.

Anyone know what the story is?

5. firefly

firefly Guest

i couldn't find that either. It might be a bit of a leftover in the manual by the looks - there are no other references to "My Domains" anywhere in it

6. rmagnuson

rmagnuson Guest

Yeah, I gave up on the whole thing and hired Reliable Penguin to do the migration for me. So far I am extremely happy with them, they've pretty much migrated everything in under a week - thats a total of 5 primary domains, 7 sub domains, and 9 forwarded domains that I don't have to mess around with myself. AND they migrated them from a freebsd machine with no control panel of any kind to a RHEL server with Plesk 8.x ..

These guys are well worth the money if you need this stuff done right and dont have time to figure it out yourself.

http://reliablepenguin.com/