1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL 4 to MySQL 5 migration dropped auto_increment

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by HoneyMonster, Apr 27, 2007.

1. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster Guest

I have just migrated a bunch of domains from a Plesk 7.5 MySQL4 PHP4 server to a Plesk8.1 MySQL5 PHP5 server. To my suprise the Plesk migration manager completed without any errors. Yay was I happy!

Then I noticed that every website was broken as the auto_increment attribute had been removed from the primary key of every table!

Is this likely to be an issue with upgrading MySQL4>5 or a bug in the Plesk migration manager? I assume that the migration manager simply takes a dump of the database and then imports it into the new one.

2. jaredfine

jaredfine Guest

I think this is a big problem with pleskbackup, because I've restored from other machines with no problem.

It just happened to me after a backup and restore. I am ****ing steaming pissed right now.

WHAT GOOD IS A BACKUP THAT DOESN'T PROPERLY BACKUP?!

3. jaredfine

jaredfine Guest