• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql 5 on plesk 7.5 ?

B

basara55

Has anybody been able to install mysql 5 on plesk 7.5 ?

Thanks

Ok , I installed Mysql 5.0 on Fedora Core 2 with plesk. After few problems I was able to get Mysql working but...

Plesk is not functioning 100% , On certain pages there are sql query errors.

Does anyone know if Plesk is compatible with mysql5 ?

Ive found a lot of other web apps need to be updated to work with mysql 5, so just making PSA work with it wouldnt be enough at this time. Everyone else still needs to catch up.

Give it some time. MySQL 5.0 was just released and it will take some time for all the applications out there to get working with it. I noticed that Fedora Core 3 which is the latest version of Fedora that is listed as supported by plesk still runs on MySQL 3.x. Will plesk run under 4.x with no problems?

any update on when MySQL 5 support will be included into Plesk?

I've installed MySQL 5 but am having all sorts of difficulties as a lot of Plesk's database queries are now failing due to the change in the processing of JOIN queries in MySQL 5.

It's definitely not compatible yet. I believe some of the community members have tried to get it to work with no avail.

No word from plesk on when this will be avaiable.

Thought as much -- in the end I downgraded back to 4.1.15, as I'm not particularly confident that this is on Plesk's to-do-list in the near future!

Still, although MySql have described it as a production release it still feels like a beta product given the number of problems I've seen reported around the web.

I can confirm that going to 5.0 will require you to upgrade a lot of applications. On the system I'm testing it on, we're looking at having to rewrite most of the custom applications, and some of the forum and gallery apps. I think we need to wait for a while for the app vendors to catch up to 5.0.

Just wonna ask about php5. Is it stable version in your yum repo now can i use it for production vps?

last time i tried it, horde and mail was off and it was quite unstable...is it stable now or let's ask ather way, would you adwise to install php5 from testing chanal for production site?

Given that it comes with CentOS4, and FC4 by default (which work with PSA), and my packages are backports from FC4 and CentOS4 I'd say yes (Im on PSA 7.5.4). Im running PHP5 on all my systems, from RH9 to CentOS4. The only thing I know of for a fact that does not co-exist with 5.0 is oscommerce. I dont use it myself, so I couldnt tell you if the version in PSA 8 works with it or not.

I dont really get it...

Is it safe to update for php/mysl5 or what?

There in ur bleeding channel?! Can't find u channels btw on new website?!

Hey sorry about that, the link should be up now.

PHP 5.0 - works fine
PHP 5.1 - some apps break (horde, oscommerce, etc)
Mysql 4.1 - works fine
Mysql 5 - breaks PSA (cant delete, some login errors)
Mysql 5.1 - really really breaks PSA (cant log in)

It does have the binary in there for running from the CLI. This is not designed however to run concurrently with php4. My packages are all upgrades that will remove the older versions. I believe serverpeak.com and/or seekbrain.com was putting out cgi only versions of php 5, I'd check out their site to see if they still support them.

Hi Atomic Scott,

i'm on RHEL3/Plesk 7.5.4 and i've updated to MySQL 4.1 without problems via your yum channel, now i would like to update to Php 5, is it stable?

I tried to do this update on a test box with same OS an Plesk version and everythings gone fine, just :
"yum update php" without deinstalling old php or remove php-domxml. Can i trust this way to update my Php on a production server too following this easy way?

thanx

Back