• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL 5?

J

Jamai2

8.1 looks great, small update but also a nice set of new capabilities.

It now supports MySQL 5.0 as well. Does anybody have a foolproof upgrade-guide for upgrading from Mysql 4.1.21 to 5?

Atomic Rocket Turtle has rpms for MySQL 5 in his atomic-bleeding repository, but as the repository name says these are not yet considered tested enough for production use. You can test them on a test install of course.

Is there a guide how to upgrade MySQL 4 to MySQL 5. I'm using Debian Sarge. I know DotDeb has some rpm's but I don't know what's the best an cleanest way to migrate to MySQL 5 with Debian Sarge.

Greets and best regards,
Dawn

I had mysql5 installed on freebsd5.5 and the autoinstaller made me remove the port before it could install mysql4 can I override this somewhere and force it to use the mysql5 port? I realize I can edit the /usr/ports/swsoft/psa/Makefile but has anyone done this , do we know if it causes any issues?

Thanks for your answer. But is there a solution for Debian too? I know where I can get the .deb's but I don't know how to install it without "killing" my server ;)

Greets,
Dawn

I never worked with Debian. Can't say. Is there really nothing to find via Google? It is a hot item so I suppose there must be other boards where you can find relevant information.

If you find something, please post the link. If we can, we'll surely give our opinion. It can't be that hard to find an answer.

It seems the majority of Plesk users are using an .rpm based distribution, so info for .deb based distro's info is probably harder to find.

I'm scared about upgrading because plesk stores it's data in the mysql database so I'm a little bit carefull.

I've googled around the net for a longer time and searched for "debian plesk mysql 5" but I couln't find any usefull information for this pupose.

It would be very kind of you if you can explain me how to do that.

Greets and best regards,
Dawn

I just upgraded my sarge box to php5 and mysql5 with plesk 8.1 using dotdeb recently.

I'm afraid I didn't keep up with all the exact steps, but generally speaking I made a backup of the psa database, then installed the packages from dotdeb.

Didn't have many problems with mysql5.

Php5 on the other hand was a challenge and a half, but is all existing comfortably together now.

All hail debian!

I got PHP 5 working. Had some problems with a few modules but now it fully works.

But I don't know enough about a MySQL 5 Upgrade. Can you please post you exact steps how you did it? I'm doing a full server backup every day but it would be nice if I don't need it ;) Would be very kind of you and I think you'll make a lot of Debian addicts happy...

Greets and best regards,
Dawn

Originally posted by Dawn
I got PHP 5 working. Had some problems with a few modules but now it fully works.

But I don't know enough about a MySQL 5 Upgrade. Can you please post you exact steps how you did it? I'm doing a full server backup every day but it would be nice if I don't need it ;) Would be very kind of you and I think you'll make a lot of Debian addicts happy...

Greets and best regards,
Dawn

I'll set up a test box and try it again to document it. I been wanting to do it anyways, as I need to figure out how to upgrade everything to etch next, but made the mistake of upgrading my test boxes to etch before installing plesk and not about to risk another re-install on the production box.

Oh nice :) I hope you'll be more lucky the next time...

Btw: Do you see any chance when etch stable is out to upgrade a running server where plesk is allreay installed?

Big THX,
Dawn

Originally posted by Dawn
Btw: Do you see any chance when etch stable is out to upgrade a running server where plesk is allreay installed?

Big THX,
Dawn [/B]

I hope so, but depends on other plesk dependencies. I intend to try on this test box (with etch rc3) once I do the php5/mysql5 upgrade.

Sounds really nice :) Often I think there aren't many Plesk-Hosters out there which use Debian... Let me know if I can help you someting.

Greets,
Dawn

any exspirience upgrading FreeBSD6 MySql 4.x to MySql 5.x and maybe some step by step guide?

Back