• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL cluster

W

wsani

Is it possible to setup a MySQL cluster and still use Plesk with it? I want to create some redundancy but I need to know if I'm going to run into limitations with Plesk understanding it...

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Plesk allows you to point to external mysql servers. You could setup multiple backend servers with a front end and point it to the front end database. Or if the cluster does not care which machine you talk to, you could always use a IP that you could float between them ?

my 2c

You can do it if you like yes. External databases for customers is probably the best way to go, but you can also set up another database server (or your own DB on the customer cluster) and have it setup a slave process that will do replication from your active box to the slave cluster.

You cant, plesk has to use local database unless you use something like a mysql relay agent to relay localhost connections - that setup is definately not recomended and definately not supported by parallels ubt you can do it if you feel brave.

You cant, plesk has to use local database unless you use something like a mysql relay agent to relay localhost connections - that setup is definately not recomended and definately not supported by parallels ubt you can do it if you feel brave.

Right, you're taking about sockets but that's not what I'm trying to do. I couldn't care less about the local PSA database, which resides on the same server.

Plesk does allow remote databases, so I'm sure it can be done. I'm trying to set this up for my customers. I'm using Plesk Expand, so I think extending the idea of "centralized" databases into a cluster would be the step in the right direction. That said, it seems that what I would be doing has been done with hsphere...

If you are talking about for your customers then yes that can easily be done with little to no configuration. If you mean the Plesk psa database then thats a completely seperate and different discussion.

Back