1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySql Grant

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by akucharski, Jan 20, 2005.

1. akucharski

akucharski Guest

I noticed that PLESK must have set the mysql root user and it doesn't share this information with me, nor did it ask me to participate in its creation.

Is there a way to perform mysql grant commands in this environment?

Thanks & Regards

Andrew

2. faris

faris Guest

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but when you install Plesk, it makes a user called admin (password is the same as your Plesk control panel password) the root MySQL user. So if you login to MySQL as user=admin, you'll have full control over anything in any database.

Faris.

3. akucharski

akucharski Guest

dough

Thanks Faris;

You are right - I was just stuck on the user being 'root' - and not admin or whaterver PLESK sets it up. Should have recognized this earlir, thanks.

4. faris

faris Guest

I'm glad to be of some use to someone. It is usually me asking the questions and needing help :)

Faris.