• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL - Have a db user with rights to multiple tables

P

pg116

When i create a domain and then add a DB, I'm prompted to create a user for each db.

How can I have 1 db user for a domain that has rights to multiple db's?

And have them show up when he logs into the Plesk CP.

Thanks

i am interesting to, this is a very good questen.
in confixx this isn´t a problem !

I don't think I've seen this feature, but it seems like it could be a potential security hole. Just think if a hacker somehow got ahold of the user and password to one of the databases, they could technically have access to all of the others also.

Originally posted by alex042
I don't think I've seen this feature, but it seems like it could be a potential security hole. Just think if a hacker somehow got ahold of the user and password to one of the databases, they could technically have access to all of the others also.

I really don't think it is an increase of a security risk. Having control of 1 database compared to 5 doesn't really change things.

This should be something that is offered by the Control Panel.

GRRRRRRRRR i just switched from ensim to plesk...

first of all the migration doesnt work at all.
second thing is this **** with the database users. i know lots of professional scripts that use multiple databases at the same time. also my customers do.

this is totally inacceptable and far from any standard.

@SwSoft: plase release a upgrade IMMEDIATELY cause your software is unuseable the way it is now.

You can give the rights manually in MYSQL. You just need to update the users permissions inside the dos mysql console... not hard, really.

Originally posted by mymilkexpired
You can give the rights manually in MYSQL. You just need to update the users permissions inside the dos mysql console... not hard, really.

i can. but dumb customers that rely on the common control panel features ensim confixx or cpanel provides dont. i don't need a expensive control panel if my customers cannot use it the way they are used to.

this is a step backwards instead of forwards. nowadays you cannot sell hosting without a control panel - and hey - confixx can do things then new and oh so magical plesk can't? and what should i tell my existing customers that use two or more databases, spent lots of money for the development of their websites and then find that with an UPDATE to a NEW control panel even the most basic things wont work?

Creating a seperate mysql connect for each database is for some communities i host simply impossible. also, creating a new connection to the database everytime isnt really a CPU load-saver....

man, this sucks!

Originally posted by mymilkexpired

Can you please explain how?

install phpmyadmin in one of your own domains, login as admin/root and click the 'rights' button on the start-page.

then you get a listing of all the database users. select the one you'd like to edit, and grant him specific rights for another database.

its very simple - but not for a customer.. especially cause i do not give my customers my root pwd ;)

Back