• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql keeps going down after upgrade

J

JillW

Last week we upgraded Plesk and now every day the mysql server keeps going down. Server support people haven't been much help.

How can we tell where the problem is and how to fix it?

Hello,

Could you provide more details of the issue? What messages you receive, was the upgrade alright or not and so on.

Regards,
Denis.

The upgrade all seemed to go fine at first. But then the server kept "going down" every few hours.

Error on main part of the site is:

Cannot connect to the database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

And our Invision Board Forum error is their usual:

IPS Driver Error

It seems to me (as someone who doesn't know much about this stuff) that there's some sort of problem or incompatibility with the mysql as that is what keeps going down.

Check error logs:

# grep -i error /etc/mysql/my.cnf
# Error logging goes to syslog. This is a Debian improvement :)

# grep -i error /etc/my.cnf
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log

In the tail of errorlog/syslog you can find something useful.

Here's the Plesk error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

0: common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)')
1: auth.php3:93

Is there a way to get plesk support for this? My server company can't seem to figure anything out.

All I get is "No Such File or Directory" (when I try your grep stuff above.)

Last edited by a moderator:
you must correctly locate the my.cnf file on your server, then run the "grep stuf" with the correct file path!

command line "locate my.cnf"

If this is so foreign to you, why are you being so accusatory and nasty! Fewer people will want to jump in and help.

Back