1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MySQL not loaded

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bigblue, Aug 10, 2009.

1. bigblue

bigblue Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi.. I'm running a Joomla 1.5.14 install on Apache which requires 'display errors' turned off. I did this via etc/php5/apache2/php.ini by setting display errors to Off and setting log errors to On. I restarted Apache and now MySQL has disappeared and I get 'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:The MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available' when I browse to my Joomla site?
    I still have the database showing within the domain with all tables intact.. but browsing www.mydomain/phpinfo.php shows no MySQL at all. Does anyone have any idea what may have happened and how I can get MySQL back?
    Thx

2. bigblue

bigblue Basic Pleskian

23%
    resolved

Well, not 1 reply - and I thought this would be the one place where someone would be able to assist!

Not to worry.. I took the easy way out and backed up everything, re-installed my vps and restored everything - re-checked /phpinfo.php and MySQL is now running again thankfully.

Thx

3. VladimirrV

VladimirrV Guest

Log in the console, check the running processes to see if mysql is running, try to connect it through console, post some logs. Then maybe we can help.