• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql Quota Error!! Please help if you know anything.

H

hodjat2005

Hi guys,

I create a domain in plesk for testing and I set below limits:

Quote:
Disk Space: 4 MB
Emails: 2
Email inbox quota: 1024KB
Hard Disk quota: 1 MB

I upload about 1MB in FTP and when I try to upload more files, exceeded error will show, This is OK.

I create 2 emails account and I send emails to them, each account reach to 2.03MB and now when I try to send more emails, emails will rejected and full disk error show.

Why each email acccount reach to 2 MB, I set inbox quota to 1024 KB ????

After that I create a database and I start to create tables, untill now I create 10 tables and total size is about 4.5 MB, I didn't receive any error, Why????

I know that they mysql size will be calculated in Disk SPace, I set disk space but untill now emails size reach to 4.06 MB and mysqld databse to 4.5 MB ??? What is wrong?

How can I set mysql quota in plesk/Linux?

In plesk admin > Prefrences I check all under "Include in the disk space usage calculation" and I set the "When calculating disk space usage, count" to file size, I also try amount of disk space used but same problem,

I search many in google and EV1 Forums and Plesk support but I didn't found any,

If you know anything to solve this problem please share with me,

Thanks,

Hodjat

Since the qmail and mysql files are not owned by you, they are not included in the hard quota, they are included only in the soft quota.

OK, but how I can set soft quota,

I set disk space to 4 MB, but this limit is only for emails and databases grow without any limit,

Thanks,

Hodjat

You can't limit mysql by hard quota but the soft quota should be accurate when calculated every night. Are you saying that at the time the soft quota runs it is incorrectly calculating the file size for the database?

I set disk space to 4 MB :

Emails size now reach to 4.06 MB
Database size reach to 4.5 MB

When I go to Domain > Report > Full report
Plesk shows all sizes correctly(4.06 MB and 4.5MB) and I create this domain 2 days ago, but I can create more tables and there is no warning and errors.

But when I try to send more emails or upload more files I will receive exceeded quota error.

Thanks,

Hodjat

I don't think you understand the difference between a hard-quota and soft-quota. As hardweb said it's not possible to limit MySQL DB size in Plesk with a hard-quota.

Hard-quota - a limit which cannot be exceeded.
Soft-quota - a limit which can be exceeded

You will be emailled when the limit is met after the next diskspace calculation.

I understand that,

But I want to know, Is there a solution to limit databse size or no?
You mean there is no solution to limit mysql size, right?

Thanks,

Hodjat

Back