• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL service disappears!

N

neusagudo

Hi everyone!

I am having problems since upgrade to 8.1.1 like many others. In my case, if you go to the "manage services" section under the server section, MySQL has disappeared as a service there!!! Anywhere else still ok, and I can access phpmyadmin just fine, but cannot see if it works and cannot restart it or stop it from plesk either...

On the other hand, since the update, I am experiencing problems with mysql, my clients are complaining because once in a while you cannot connect to mysql (for example, wordpress clients get a "cannot connect to database" wordpress page). It seems to be restarting just right on its own, but still getting down once in a while....

Any ideas? We cannot keep it like this!!!

Thx

It seems to be ok now on the restarting itself part, but still doesn't show any Mysql service on the service section within plesk...

Am I the only one experiencing this???

Originally posted by ideasmultiples
MySQL service never is show in services management.

Yes, that's correct. In Plesk admin CP -> Service Management section Mysql service is not listed and it should not be there. This is correct for all Plesk for Linux versions.

As for Mysql connection problems, try to check Mysql log files. Probably you can get some exactly errors there.

Back