• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MySQL upgrade

D

dano@

I have recently obtained a Red Hat dedicated server using PLESK 7,5. I never worked with red hat and plesk...

I have deinstalled mysql:
# rpm –e –nodeps mysql-server-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1
# rpm –e –nodeps mysql-devel-3.23.58-15.RHEL3.1
# rpm –e –nodeps mysql-3.23.58-15.RHEL3.1

Installed new version:
# rpm –i MySQL-server-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
# rpm –i MySQL-client-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
# rpm –i MySQL-devel-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm

MySQL server is running and PLESK also, but the "Component Info" page: mysql - Component was not installed

how can I make PLESK understand that mysql server is running?

Please point me in the right direction how to solve this problem! Unfortunately it is very urgent... :(

thx

G

Sorry, I don't have an answer since I haven't made the upgrade myself either.

I just wanted to ask as well if there's any issues to watch out for when upgrading to mysql4 with plesk 7.5 (besides breaking the plesk gui status readout)?

MySQL 4.1 seems to work fine on Plesk 7.5.3 ... older versions you'll need to use ART's mysql rpm's.

I recently upgraded MySQL3.28.xx to 4.0.24-2.rhel3.art via up2date with atomic yum channel for RHEL3 ES, with the PHP upgraded to 4.3.11-8.rhel3.art. I have run /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables --user=admin --password=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` and edited my.cnf to look like:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-locking
skip-innodb
query_cache_limit=1M
query_cache_size=32M
query_cache_type=1
max_connections=500
interactive_timeout=100
wait_timeout=100
connect_timeout=10
thread_cache_size=80
key_buffer=150M
table_cache=512
sort_buffer_size=1M
read_buffer_size=1M
read_rnd_buffer_size=768K
join_buffer=1M
max_allowed_packet=16M
record_buffer=1M
max_connect_errors=10
set-variable=key_buffer=128M
set-variable=max_allowed_packet=2M
set-variable=table_cache=128
set-variable=sort_buffer=32M
set-variable=join_buffer=32M
set-variable=record_buffer=2M
set-variable=thread_cache=8
set-variable=read_buffer=1M
set-variable=max_connections=300
set-variable=thread_concurrency=2
set-variable=myisam_sort_buffer_size=128M
set-variable=read_rnd_buffer_size=1M
skip-show-database
myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
log-bin
server-id=1

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
open_files_limit=8192

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
key_buffer=64M
sort_buffer=64M
read_buffer=16M
write_buffer=16M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer=64M
sort_buffer=64M
read_buffer=16M
write_buffer=16M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

Here is what I get on /etc/init.d/psa restart:

DBI connect('mailmon:localhost:3306','mailmon1',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/sbin/sendmail line 85
Unable to connect to MySQL database!
DBI connect('mailmon:localhost:3306','mailmon1',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/sbin/sendmail line 85
Starting named: [ OK ]
Starting MySQL: DBI connect('mailmon:localhost:3306','mailmon1',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/sbin/sendmail line 85
[ OK ]
Starting qmail: [ OK ]
Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition service: [ OK ]
Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/NoMailAudit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManage.pm line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManage.pm line 14.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/spammng line 71.
Starting psa-spamassassin service: [FAILED]

I think I may have to edit the init script but not sure, anyone have any idea's?

Ok, I am too tired, I just realized that I did not recompile perl-DBI

Well, I re-compiled the following packages from source:

rpmbuild --rebuild perl-DBI-1.32-9.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/perl-DBI-1.32-9.i386.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1021-3.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1021-3.i386.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild perl-DBD-Pg-1.21-2.src.rpm
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/perl-DBD-Pg-1.21-2.i386.rpm

Still I get the cannot connect errors?

Anyone hvae any other ideas?

is you /tmp directory correctly chmodded to 1777?

i've seen a similar problem (not with plesk, but with plain servers) that for some unknow nreason changed the chmod of /tmp...

try to look at it and then restart mysql ;)

Yep chmod is 1777 on /tmp

I managed to get rid of the spamassassin error, as I updated it to 3.x on Atomic's channel.

So now I got this left:

[root@ psa]# /etc/init.d/psa startall
Starting named: DBI connect('mailmon:localhost:3306','mailmon1',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/sbin/sendmail line 85
[ OK ]
Starting MySQL: DBI connect('mailmon:localhost:3306','mailmon1',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/sbin/sendmail line 85
[ OK ]
Starting qmail: [ OK ]
Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd [ OK ]
Starting imap-ssl [ OK ]
Starting pop3 [ OK ]
Starting pop3-ssl [ OK ]

Starting PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition service: [ OK ]
Starting psa-spamassassin service: [ OK ]
[root@ psa]# /etc/init.d/psa start
Starting psa-spamassassin service: [ OK ]
Processing config directory: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.*.include
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl start: httpd started
Starting Plesk: [ OK ]

It is wierd because the location of the mysql.sock file doesn't appear to have been changed, so I don't see why DBI is freaking out?

Is mysql actually running? The set syntax in your my.cnf was discontinued in mysql 4. I suspect whats happening is that mysql isnt even starting because of it.

Yep, but to be sure I have removed any of the set- directives.

Here is what is in mysqld log upon restart:

050627 15:38:42 mysqld started
050627 15:38:42 Found invalid password for user: 'usr43bbdce2c4c0'@'localhost'; Ignoring user
050627 15:38:42 Found invalid password for user: 'dbuser1'@'localhost'; Ignoring user
050627 15:38:42 Found invalid password for user: 'usrd089fad82357'@'localhost'; Ignoring user
050627 15:38:42 Found invalid password for user: 'usr2efc4453508e'@'localhost'; Ignoring user
050627 15:38:42 Found invalid password for user: 'ofdba'@'localhost'; Ignoring user
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.24-log' socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' port: 3306 Source distribution

Ok, maybe I have done something wrong back in the adding of the your yum channels, one of my pages is showing :

CentOS-3 Test Page

Yes we are on RHEL3ES,

That's prolly it,

What do you think is the best way to resolve it now? Do a rmp --force on all the rmps?

Originally posted by Traged1
Yep, but to be sure I have removed any of the set- directives.

Here is what is in mysqld log upon restart:

could be a problem related to old password hashing method?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ignoring-user.html

Originally posted by Traged1
Ok, maybe I have done something wrong back in the adding of the your yum channels, one of my pages is showing :

CentOS-3 Test Page

Yes we are on RHEL3ES,
that happen when you update apache using ART repo (centOS based)

if you want to mantain your redhat apache update it only with up2date and the offiacial "red hat network" ;)

I've got a number of those mysql user password errors in my logs and I've only done Plesk 7.x updates and RH ES3 updates. So I doubt it has anything to do with the mysql update you did recently.

I'm not worried about apache, cuase I can easily re-build it from the redhat source. But I am a lillte concerned with MySQL, I guess I can just to a force, I hoe it doesn't break anything else.

Well recompiled apache from the redhat source, and rpm -e --nodeps perl-DBI and reinstalled perl-DBI and I still got the same error:

Does anyone have any other idea's?

Well, I guess the last thing to do is force the rpm install of the correct MySQL version?

Back