• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysterious log files size

N

Newwebsurfer

I mantain a nonprofit web site hosted by a commercial web hosting service. They run Plesk 8.0.0 on a Linux based Apache 1.3.33 server.
I experienced a problem related to the disk space usage. In the main page of Plesk's control panel, like as in the Report page, the disk space used by log files results to be equal to about 11 MB, while the log files total size in the log files management window amounts to 96.9 KB. The log rotation period is set to "by time -> daily", the maximum number of log files to "3" and the compression to "yes". Manual deletion of the log files did not fix the problem. I asked my service provider for help, but he said he is not able to solve the problem, nor to understand it. Please, help me! Thank you in advance.
P.S.: pardon my horrible English.

Originally posted by Newwebsurfer
I mantain a nonprofit web site hosted by a commercial web hosting service. They run Plesk 8.0.0 on a Linux based Apache 1.3.33 server.
I experienced a problem related to the disk space usage. In the main page of Plesk's control panel, like as in the Report page, the disk space used by log files results to be equal to about 11 MB, while the log files total size in the log files management window amounts to 96.9 KB. The log rotation period is set to "by time -> daily", the maximum number of log files to "3" and the compression to "yes". Manual deletion of the log files did not fix the problem. I asked my service provider for help, but he said he is not able to solve the problem, nor to understand it. Please, help me! Thank you in advance.
P.S.: pardon my horrible English.
Please, help me if you can... no idea?

Back