• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Name server not responding

D

dc06

I had plesk running fine, but my hard drive died so i brought a new machine.
I manual set the new one to the old settings, but dhs stuff say my name servers arent responding..
Im not sure what to do?
I but my ip address into the dns settings and my ns record but still i get nothing. However if i put in my ip address it comes up straight away. plese help

Your name servers are not responding that means they are not resolving. You have to check the /var/named for this.Also Check for the DNS zone and /etc/named.conf

Also how did you do the settings of the old server in new.You might have done something wrong in it.

yeh what? i put the ns in too plesk with the ip and it dont do anything, i took ages to do it the first time becuase no one tells you how to install plesk,

in /var/named there are the zone files , check that.Also check /etc/named.conf

I look for the folders you asked but cant find any of them, im running windows server web edition. but cant find any help with checking or creating name servers on plesk.
i can understand why i can access the plesk login tool and get the plesk default config page but it wont actually host anything?

Back