• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

named errors

• Thread starter AbsolutelyFreeW
  • Start date
A

AbsolutelyFreeW

I get this error all the time, my application log is full of it, happening every 15 mins. the ip's shown are different each time . and the domain owner does not know of any service causing this. I would however like it to stop.

Do you know what exactly causes this? Some service is trying to update/change the dns for the domain? Suggestions how to stop it?

client 207.34.74.18#61693: update 'ncgl.org/IN' denied

client 207.34.74.18#61690: updating zone 'ncgl.org/IN': update failed: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET)

I am getting the same type of "update denied" error message so many times. Any ideas?

It seems this error message caused by not successful domain zone renewal. Check if connections to upstanding DNS servers available and zone was successfully transferred.

This domain was created the same way as all others, using the serves own name servers. I do not know of any zone transfer. What are the IPs shown? Is this not coming from outside?

On ours, I checked in the DNS zone and it is for a .com domain and the zone config was standard, same as other domains on this server use. Nothing appears to be different so I am wondering why this particular domain decides to give the errors.

Back