1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

named errors

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by AbsolutelyFreeW, Feb 9, 2006.

1. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

I get this error all the time, my application log is full of it, happening every 15 mins. the ip's shown are different each time . and the domain owner does not know of any service causing this. I would however like it to stop.

Do you know what exactly causes this? Some service is trying to update/change the dns for the domain? Suggestions how to stop it?

2. dynaweb

dynaweb Guest

I am getting the same type of "update denied" error message so many times. Any ideas?

3. swarm

swarm Guest

It seems this error message caused by not successful domain zone renewal. Check if connections to upstanding DNS servers available and zone was successfully transferred.

4. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

This domain was created the same way as all others, using the serves own name servers. I do not know of any zone transfer. What are the IPs shown? Is this not coming from outside?

5. dynaweb

dynaweb Guest

On ours, I checked in the DNS zone and it is for a .com domain and the zone config was standard, same as other domains on this server use. Nothing appears to be different so I am wondering why this particular domain decides to give the errors.