• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nameserver & DNS setup

F

fieldsg

Our company went from CPanel to Plesk on Windows. Now I am in need of assitance to setup the DNS and nameservers correctly for our website. I thought I had done it, and all was well. However, I have found that I can hit the domain by the IP but not by name. Is there anything I am missing in the setup of Plesk to allow this?

I made the change with the registar company...

Thanks in advance.

Any help is appreciated greatly. If you can set this up and ensure it works let me know your price for such work....or if you can point me into the right direction.

Again, thanks!!

Originally posted by fieldsg
Our company went from CPanel to Plesk on Windows. Now I am in need of assitance to setup the DNS and nameservers correctly for our website. I thought I had done it, and all was well. However, I have found that I can hit the domain by the IP but not by name. Is there anything I am missing in the setup of Plesk to allow this?

I made the change with the registar company...

Thanks in advance.

Any help is appreciated greatly. If you can set this up and ensure it works let me know your price for such work....or if you can point me into the right direction.

Again, thanks!!

Have you check in IIS to see if the correct host headers are in place? Do you have the www, A record in DNS?

Back