• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nameservers

C

Computer-Geek

Hi,
I am having trouble setting up my own nameservers. One reason is because my ISP blockes port 80. Is there anyway to change the ports for the Plesk Severs? Also how would I set a nameserver to a sub domain created with 1&1?
Thank you for your help!

1.You can change port directly in IIS, but clients have to navigate to http://yoursite.com:81 (or someport)
(Isn't it good to change ISP)

John S.G.

P.S. Second question is not clear

Originally posted by JackL
1.You can change port directly in IIS, but clients have to navigate to http://yoursite.com:81 (or someport)
(Isn't it good to change ISP)

John S.G.

P.S. Second question is not clear
It won't let me change it. It won't start the web server after change the port. It will only start after I change the port back. It gives me a "The procces cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" error if I change the port and try to start the server.

I fixed the nameserver part and the part about 1&1.

Originally posted by Computer-Geek
It won't let me change it. It won't start the web server after change the port. It will only start after I change the port back. It gives me a "The procces cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" error if I change the port and try to start the server.

I fixed the nameserver part and the part about 1&1.

Are you trying to run a server on a network that prohibits running servers?

Originally posted by drkramer
Are you trying to run a server on a network that prohibits running servers?
Nope. I am the network Administrator. I got rid of the error. I don't know how though. Does anyone know of a script that would add a client and subdomain from a webpage? I am trying to make one myself.

Back