• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Need answer about MailEnable problem [7.5.4]

S

stevenf

When it will stop !?

Hello all'

Since 7.5.4 i've got no more corrupted entry into MailEnable user file, this was since a long time very heavy to live but, now i haven't the problem anymore

But i've got another problem !

Some mailbox, sometime, without reason, lost her password, i login into the MMC of MailEnable and when i click on the mailbox mailenable say error into auth.tab or something else and say to put the password another time.

I put it, and the mailbox restart to work.

Why, MailEnable lost the password for some mailbox ?

okay, i will try to stay calm ...

*breath*

in the mail server in ADRESS-MAP.TAB, i've got, this like of error

THIS LINE OK

Code:
[SMTP:[email protected]]	[SF:mydomain.com/celine]		mydomain.com

THIS LINE NOT OK

Code:
[SMTP:[email protected]]	[S	[S	[S
mydomain.com/info]		mydomain.com	mydomain.com

AND THIS LINE NOT OK

Code:
[SMTP:*@anotherdomain.com]	[SMTP:[email protected]]		anoth

*breath*

But, DAMN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOW MANY TIME THIS KIND OF PROBLEM WILL CONTINUE ?

We pass for idiots, incapabables and inefficient every day, OUR CUSTOMER howl and make fun of us ...

We can't go back, we have sign with some customer plesk solution, that we have think to be good without test it a lot, AND WE CAN'T COME BACK, but damn, i as was able .....

AND I VE GOT A SIMPLE QUESTION, DID SOMEONE WILL LISTEN MY PROBLEM AND UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE WORKING AND NOT PLAYING ALL THE DAY.

I've sign with our customer 1 hour per month of server management, TODAY, IT TOOK ME MORE THAN 12 HOURS PER MONTH PER SERVER.

that's all, i'm cool, but you need to understand that it's not easy everyday with this kind of problem, and after every upgrade of plesk , some problem disapear, some problem appear, our customer doesn't want to listen the problem, and because we have buy a product, we don't really want to understand but because we are kind, we try in silent.

You must not see my message like a agressive post, but just for be constructive and understand that not all is perfect and we are business compagny needing to work with solid partner, and you need to do more testing.

hidding with support service asking $$$ for help, is great, but , but for fix bug, it's quite unbelivable.

So, i'm tired, dunno what to do, just asking help.

I've read your posts attentively and will try to give you complete info regard your issue. As MailEnable use tab delimited configuration files it corrupts from time to time and it's the fact which we unfortunately can't fix in any case. There is exist mchk.exe utility in Plesk distribution placed in %plesk_bin% used to reconfigure ME configs according Plesk data. It calls every time any changing in mail server configuration made. Also you can use it to rebuild configuration for one domain only with keys "--domain --domain-name=domain.com" or reconfigure whole ME configs with keys "--all --fix=all". If this situation with free ME std version not acceptable for you it seems best way in changing mailserver. You can use Merak or SmarterMail. I think that last one more stable. If all this not the way for you then i think you can create support ticket for SW support tech with link to this thread. We're and our development works everyday to bring to this world chance for people to build one more part of our digital virtual world.

stevenf,

How many domains / users do you have on your plesk server ?

Just interested to see how many domains / users mailenable can handle before it gets corrupted.

Thanks,
Dave

Back