• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New Bugs as been found in Plesk 7.6.1 for windows

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I would like to announce that I have recently found several bugs in Plesk Control Panel version 7.6.1

The bugs are :

1) unable to prevent from domain user to create mysql database username 'root' , so if you have user 'root' on your mysql that grant all permissions then you have probably open mysql server and in the moment that domain user will create username 'root' then he will be able to do what ever he wants.

How SWSOFT can prevent such bug ? they must to provide to the admin ability to configure usernames that can't be created by domain users.

2) Plesk is blocking persits components , like : ASPjpeg , ASPupload , ASPemail.
Plesk is setting wrong NTFS permissions that result in persits components not working.

3) Plesk is blocking CDOnts components from working , Plesk is setting wrong NTFS permissions that result in CDOnts to work correctly , how ? take a look on the NTFS permissions that Plesk set to c:\inetpub\

Originally posted by igoldman
Hello,

2) Plesk is blocking persits components , like : ASPjpeg , ASPupload , ASPemail.
Plesk is setting wrong NTFS permissions that result in persits components not working.

I really do NOT hope that plesk would be blocking ASPupload, as I use that component as a crucial part of my website (which I have not yet moved to our new server, using Plesk).

Do you know any other asp upload component that would work then? Or a solution to getting ASPupload to work?

All componentes stated above work perfectly normal on Plesk 7.6.1, so there must be something wrong with your installation. Try to reinstall them.

Hello,

maybe you don't use the same version of Plesk which I use.
I use 7.6.1 (the last version , the last patch)
run plesk reconfiguration which will reset all permission of the system folders/files

and after that go to C:\Program Files\Persits Software
and chech the NTFS permissions.

you will see that I am right.

also I did some investigation on Persits Software KB and found the following :

http://support.persits.com/show.asp?code=PS030721110

as you can see in this KB , The NTFS permissions needed to be given for the IUR_XXXX user , in our situation this means PSACLN group.
also , it is possible to give permissions for group everyone but then it's not good.

Originally posted by igoldman

also I did some investigation on Persits Software KB and found the following :

http://support.persits.com/show.asp?code=PS030721110

as you can see in this KB , The NTFS permissions needed to be given for the IUR_XXXX user , in our situation this means PSACLN group.
also , it is possible to give permissions for group everyone but then it's not good.

That KB is regarding ASPemail.

would it be the same issue with ASPupload? I really don't wanna pay $150 for an ASPupload license, if it won't work with my plesk 7.6.1 winserver :(

Edit: Oh, just saw its possible to download a 30 day trial - no biggie then :)

(Will be a biggie though, if it turns out it won't work!!)

We have Plesk 7.6.1 installed (always keeping it up-to-date) and so far no problems with any of ~20 components installed (this includes Persits ASP components).

@supra2800: We're selling Plesk 100 domains license + Power pack much cheaper than in Plesk online store. PM if you're interested.

Originally posted by matija

@supra2800: We're selling Plesk 100 domains license + Power pack much cheaper than in Plesk online store. PM if you're interested.

We already have a Plesk license :) came with our dedicated server at lunarpages.com

Back