• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New email redirect does not overwrite old config

E

ed201971

Hi,

Hopefully someone out there can quash this query fairly quickly - although a little odd!

I am using Plesk 7.5 on a FreeBSD 4.10 system - so far so good....

However when it comes to add or update an email redirect for a particular alias any old addresses that have been used before are still forwarded to - resulting in the wrong people getting the email! Here is an example from the qmail log:

Aug 8 14:33:52 munix4 qmail: 1123508032.138024 info msg 5851927: bytes 316 from <edward.butler at nildram.net> qp 81826 uid 110
Aug 8 14:33:52 munix4 qmail: 1123508032.173278 starting delivery 8: msg 5851927 to remote edward.butler at nildram.net
Aug 8 14:33:52 munix4 qmail: 1123508032.177204 starting delivery 9: msg 5851927 to remote ed at thedeltavendetta.co.uk

I shall explain further.... I initially set up a redirect to <edward.butler at nildram.net> and then edited this to <ed at thedeltavendetta.co.uk> if I now send an email to the alias which these redirects are set to I get messages to both redirect addresses which contradicts the config within Plesk as there is only one redirect set up?!

Even if I trash this redirect mail is still delivered to these two addresses - so I fear some qmail config file is not being updated - even after a HUP of qmail....

Any help with this would be appreciated!

plesk support have a fix for this, theres a replacement file available, however it wont fix ones already like this.

You have 2 choices

1) edit the .qmail file from ssh and remove the bad entries

or

2) delete and recreate the mailname

Ah fantastic that seems to have done the trick (removing spurious entries from the .qmail file)

Do you have the details of this hotfix??

its an updated:

MailNameRedirect.php

that they have that fixes this problem, it maybe worth while just hanging out for 7.5.4 to be properly released as i am guessing that will have fixed it as they know about this issue.

Well we have the same issue occurring, can someone tell me where to get the updated file?

Back