• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

new login for editing

eastcoast

Basic Pleskian
My main purpose for using Sitebuilder was how basic it is/was. My customers want simplicity and one of the things I liked about Sitebuilder 3.0 was after logging in with just a password my customers (with a password protected regular site)were right at their site and could edit content or make changes to their menu, etc. Simple and easy to understand.

With Sitebuilder 4.0 when a customer logs in they "Log in to SiteBuilder 4.0.0 for Unix/Linux" which sounds scary to them and is not my brand. They then have to navigate through an admin section with all kinds of options that they don't understand or need and this just confuses them and ultimately creates much more work for me. Also, in the customers admin section everything is branded for SWSoft Sitebuilder and not my brand. To make a simple change to a customer's existing site they login, click site management, check box by site name, then click on the pencil icon to edit site in Sitebuilder wizard. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way that my customers have to edit their sites with Sitebuilder 4.0 ? Is there a way for my customers to login and go directly to their site for editing like with Sitebuilder 3.0 ?

I see across your last topics that you are talking about "Sitebuilder 3.0 lost features". But it's incorrect, cause really you are talking about 2.x. This may confuse other forum readers.

Site owners (users with such role) are redirected to Wizard after log in. Simply try this.

No. I'm currently using both Sitebuilder 3.0 and Sitebuilder 4.0 (while migrating). The logins are as described. Is there something I'm missing in the set-up ?

Back