• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New patch but the problem not fix

A

airhitam

Hi SWsoft staff,

Thanks for the new patch for 7.5.6. But one of the problem related to sitebuilder 2.0.5 is not fix yet.

When a domain account didn't have the right to publish a site use sitebuilder, the SiteBuilder Icon still show on the control panel. And when they click on the button, a new windows with empty page show.

Any solutions for us to fix this?

Regards,
airhitam

Actually, it's not a problem. It's Plesk feature that was designed by our development team. We have a series of requests that asking fir this button to be enabled. End users can click on SB button and take a look on sitebuilder. And may be they will want this feature will decide to purchase it.

Currently this feature is still in improvement stage therefore you're welcome to get us any usable suggestions regarding this feature.

As workaround I can suggest you to use Interface management feature to hide this button on for the users that confused by Sitebuilder.

OlegB, thanks for reply.

Why cann't the button bring domian user who don't has right to publish site use sitebuilder to the sitebuilder tried account? So domain user can try the sitebuilder, rather that show a error page to confuse them. :)

I have client want to use the sitebuilder so I am looking for ohter solution. Let me know if you have any other suggestion. :D

May be you can provide with URL where that sitebulder icon is pointed to. I can take a look at that error and can give possible solution.

Originally posted by OlegB
May be you can provide with URL where that sitebulder icon is pointed to. I can take a look at that error and can give possible solution.

Hi OlegB, thanks again. :D

When the domain user don't has right to publish by sitebuilder, the icon link is "http://sitebuilder.domain_name". This always is a error page.

Whe the domain user has right to publish by sitebuilder, the icon link is "http://domain_name:5053". This link is working and can publish the site.

Ensure that sitebuilder.domain.com is resolved in DNS. Most probably that it's not resolved therefore request goes nowhere.

Originally posted by OlegB
Ensure that sitebuilder.domain.com is resolved in DNS. Most probably that it's not resolved therefore request goes nowhere.

sitebuilder.domain.com was setup in DNS server as A record. But I found all my sitebuilder.domain(s).com are not working.

Hi OlegB, I found the problem. :D
The index.htm file in the IIS sitebuilder folder record the wrong server host name. It use the old server host name. After chagne the server host name, everything is working now.
:) Thanks.

Back