• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New server up for JOOMLA

I

imfsub12

I just got up a dedicated server for joomla..

I'm trying to use the kickstart.php and getting

Could not create installation/css/img folder

I have used this program on many other hosting companies like godaddy ect and it works..

There is something in the plesk setup that isn't allowing me to use it.

I'm just new at setting things up so any help woud be great

Thanks

well i think it has something to do with permissions.

After my install of my Joomla certain folders are Unwritable

I see they are all of the folders are set for 755 but as the owner they not taking effect.

As well if I set my files to 644 . I can’t write to them.. As I have a file that should be able to save to put it can’t be save….

The only way I can make the folders writable is to set them 777 witch I really don’t’ want to do for security breach.

Just can’t figure out why the right permission settings aren’t taking precedence….

Plus if I try to install something via Joomla it tries to create DIR’s but they can’t even be made as well…

Got this from my hosting company - I believe it's about ownership..You cannot change them because you are trying to do this as FTP user, but they belong to apache user, from the moment of installation.

I do see in my ftp that its using some user that isn't attached to my website as this might be causing the problem, but can't say for sure any help on this would be great.. Just not sure where to start..

I just can say that Joomla runs well on a Plesk hosted Server/domain

as I understand you belive it is a permission issue - for me it seems you didnt use the ftp layer of Joomla in the Site > settings > Server

with the ftp layer enabled joomla create and write as the plek ftpuser and it should work with the standard permissions

Brujo

So why do i need to have the FTP layer running.. On all my other server godaddy, ect.. I just ran it fine with the NON ftp layer..

How I got the site up and running was using Akeeba kickstart.. It took me a while to figure how to get the ftp to work but once it was set up its runing now..
(now i have to figure out where this HIDDEN user i created was with a password that is just a test password - Can't find this user anywhere)

So I shoudn't use the FTP at all for uploading my stuff - as it has a differn't user name for the OWNER than plek ftpuser (how do you make up a ftp user in plesk - I'm a windows server guy - so please help me :)

If you need more info let me know.. I might delete my website and user and start all over.. this is just a test server at the moment.. need to learn before i but up live site

So why do i need to have the FTP layer running.. On all my other server godaddy, ect.. I just ran it fine with the NON ftp layer..
look it depens on the server / Web hosting setup for domain and the settings for PHP support, like apache module, fastcgi...

You can find this settings in the Plesk panel > Domain > Web hosting setup for domain > php support

also the ftp user settings are there

Brujo

Joomla Installation On Dedicated Servers

The installation of Joomla on a Dedicated LINUX server is simple. RTM.
The process is as follows:

Create Server from scratch.
Install Linux software
Install Virtuozzo
Install Virtuozzo key
Run vzup2date
install Joomla in /vz/root/pid/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs

Running processes must be.
FTP Port 21
SFTP Port 22
HTTP Port 80
SSH
TELNET

Lock down as many ports as possible. Your ISP will do that if you do not.

Back