1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

new to plesk, need migration manager

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by jorge ceballos, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jorge ceballos

jorge ceballos Basic Pleskian

73%
    Hi everybody,
    Finally I'm migrating on linux centos 5 from ensim to plesk 9.2
    Need to install the migration utility to start working but the only one I see in http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/utilities/ is for windows and for linux only language packages are available.
    Please advice.

TIA

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

What you can do is install Plesk 8.6 which has the Ensim migration capability, and then upgrade that to Plesk 9.2

3. jorge ceballos

jorge ceballos Basic Pleskian

73%
    Awful news.
    Its a brand new server and the hosting farm doesnt support other plesk versions on new equipment.
    Do you think I can give a previous version migration utility a try?
    where can I get a copy? in Parallels' site, no linux based migration utilities are available on its own; only windows based are shown.

thanks for your help, guess this migration is going to be a month long headache.

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Ok try this then, set up an 8.6 box somewhere else (home, on a vm, etc) and use the PMM to pull it down to that system. Then just point the migration manager on 9.2 box at the hosting company to your home 8.6 box and transfer it that way.