• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New version of PHP in Updater?

K

kirupa

Hi,
I'm wondering when you all will provide PHP 4.3.11 as an update? :)

Thanks!
Kirupa

PHP is not a Plesk component, so you can not see it in the update list. :)

PHP version should be an update.

Plesk made PHP a component when they made it so you couldn't update it. I ran ART's update to 4.3.8-11 through yum, and it broke horde, keeping tradition with every other version of psa. I need a vacation.

When I upgraded PHP to 4.3.11 from ARTs repo, all went well and did not break my horde.

I usually allow yum to update all, not just specific packages, just in case it matters.

Every time I let yum update everything, something breaks, and I end up paying SW-Soft $75. It's like getting hit in the head with a shovel for thinking. I'm not updating anything unles it's on an individual basis, so I can back out if I have to.

Seriously though....horde is broken. On a box with 700 clients.

So hateful.

Probably because you're running the commercial Zend or Ioncube inside of php. Theres nothing I or sw-soft can do about 3rd party modifications made outside of rpms.

Please don't think I blame you Scott. I don't. I've been relying pretty much soully on your repos for yum, and never had a problem. It's one box in particular that is giving me a world of grief with horde. The others just run it incredibly slow. I tried out the atomic-psa setup last night on our corporate box (it only houses our site). It seemed to wortk fine, but it killed the box due to a hardware issue.

Ive remmed out all the calls to zend in the php.ini, and horde still won't get past the login. I've recompiled as per SW-Soft instructions for the segfault issues, but that's not the problem, and I can't remember for the life of me what I did last time to fix it. I know it was a permission setting somewhere that was causing the issue, because I remember one of the vladimir's being stumpped too. It took us two or three days to find it last time, you'd think I'd remember.

Anyway,
Thanks for all the killer help Scott, keep it up.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Probably because you're running the commercial Zend or Ioncube inside of php. Theres nothing I or sw-soft can do about 3rd party modifications made outside of rpms.

So basically what your saying is we shouldn't mess with our installs? I needed to install Zend for modernbill on that box. I really didn't have a choice at the time. What's broken in the Zend installer?

No just that if you're adding in 3rd party packages outside of the the RPM's you're going have to manage those manually, since thats outside the scope of the what the RPM distributed packages can work with. In the case of things like Zend and Ioncube, they are sensitive to the version of php they are running against. Theres no way to communicate that information internally between the managed and unmanaged applications.

I guess if it were easy everyone would be doing it. My question is... if on of my boxes is working perfectly, Is there an easy way to clone the config? aside from copying php.ini...etc.

copied httpd.conf and php.ini from the good box for a test, all it did was make the box faster. the only thing that's different is the php version at this point, which the good box is running the older version. Will the psa.conf(i think thats the file) configure it the same if I reinstall PHP?

Is that the right question?

Back