• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

newer version of packages..proceed anyway ?

F

fgilain

Hi all,

i just have installed a redhat EL 3 ES with all needed packages by plesk installation.

after that i updated every packages using up2date before running Plesk autoinstaller script...

now, the script tells me :

Warning! The newer versions of packages required for installation
were found in the system. You can resume setup, however there might be
problems with dependencies.
Proceed anyway? (y/n):

What can i do ?

thanks

NB : i did a rpm -qa to a log file before in order to be able to give you the complete list of installed packages if needed...

I have the same problem.

I have a fresh RHEL3 U5 x86_64 ES install and am trying to install Plesk 7.5.3 for the first time.

The setup script says "Warning! The newer versions of packages required for installation were found in the system. You can resume setup, however there might be problems with dependencies. Process anyway? (y/n)"

When I proceed, it installs loads of stuff and then fails a dependency as follows:

error: Failed dependencies:
libdns.so.8 is needed by bind-9.2.2-21
libisc.so.4 is needed by bind-9.2.2-21
Not all required packages were installed.
Press <ENTER> to continue...

It then goes back to the beginning of the install process, asking where the install media is etc.

So my question is simply this:

What exact version of RHEL3 ES should I be using in order for the Plesk 7.5.3 install to go without a hitch?

Thanks,
Marcel

Back