• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

News List Managment

N

njsmith

Mail List Managment

I have just set up a mail list on a domain in PLESK 6.5.2 for Windows.

The list works well enough and when I set up the list it indicated that I would be able to mange the list by clicking on the icon to the right of the list name. This icon is greyed out and when I place the curser over it I get the message Server does not support management via web interface.

Is this due to the way I have set up PLESK or has this feature not been implemented? As for as I can see there appears to be no way of managing the mail list, is this correct, can anybody advise?

Nick Smith
Bristol U.K.

Lists are not managable through the web interface in this version of plesk, the only way to manage it is through e-mail commands, when you create a list and enter the owners e-mail I believe it asks whether to send a message to the list owner, this e-mail will contain management instructions with a list of e-mail commands. I have no idea why Plesk would have put the icon in there before it is working, I think customers percieve it as a misconfiguration on our part, or us being too cheap to pay for a feature.

MattR

Thanks for your response, you answered my question, perhaps it will be implemented in one of the later versions?

Regards
Nick
Bristol U.K.

It is intended to implement list management via Plesk in the next version.

In the meantime there are two ways to manage lists for people with Server Administrative access.

End users can only do it via email or by contacting the server administrator.

Go to

%pleskdir%\mailenable\bin\mailenable.msc

This file opens the mailenable console. If you go under postoffices you can select the domain, then the lists and the specific list. You can right click the list and be given a multitude of options including many that are not available via email.

ddreams

Thanks for your reply.

You've shown me is exactly what I wanted, a way of fully managing / moderating the mail lists.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Nick
Bristol U.K.

Originally posted by ddreams
It is intended to implement list management via Plesk in the next version.

In the meantime there are two ways to manage lists for people with Server Administrative access.

End users can only do it via email or by contacting the server administrator.

Go to

%pleskdir%\mailenable\bin\mailenable.msc

This file opens the mailenable console. If you go under postoffices you can select the domain, then the lists and the specific list. You can right click the list and be given a multitude of options including many that are not available via email.

Thanks for this as well!!

Back