• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nginx and plesk 8.6

N

NiroB

Hi,

I'm looking for information, tips and advice on how to run nginx as reverse proxy to apache on Plesk 8.6 (mediatemple DV3.5 machine).

For example: I understand that Plesk rewrites the def file and return the apache port to 80. How to avoid this? and other potential problems?

Thanks

This article is helpful but

Hello Nataliya,

Thank you very much for the answer. I have read the article and it is excellent.

One more thing is still a problem for me:
"Major issue: when you make any change to the web configuration in Plesk, Plesk rebuilds the vhosts configuration files, which means you'll have to make these changes every time you modify the configuration! There may be some way to prevent this, if you know any, please let me know by posting a comment, I'd be very grateful. " (quote from the article)

Is there a way to avoid the risk of Plesk overwriting the changes?

Thanks again,
Niro

Not really to prevent it, but you could use the Event Manager to automate (re)creating the configs you need for nginx.

Back