• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NO mail recieved from certain domains!

kram@

Regular Pleskian
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hello All,

I have a wierd problem, over the past week i have been informed by my clients that emails have been sent but never recieved.

The problem does seem to be from ADSL related providers.
I thought that it may have been MAPS as many of these IP ranges were always listed and delivery was an issue.
I checked and MAPS was not enabled in the server settings.

I have checked the reverse lookups on my server all seems cool. I tested telnets and connection timeouts and all seems cool.

No changes have been made to the server for some time.

Version Info
psa = 7.5.2-rh9.build75050128.10
psa-qmail = 1.03-rh9.build75050128.10
psa-qmail-rblsmtpd = 0.70-rh9.build75050128.10

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1. Have your clients verify that their outgoing emails are not still in their 'outbox', or if they received any error message from their mail client software.

2. Many ISPs here in California have implemented port 25 blocking on ADSL/xDSL accounts. Have them check if their ISP is blocking port 25.

3. Have a client send an outgoing message while you are able to monitor the 'messages' and 'maillog' files. They may give additional error information.

4. Review your past logs to see if there is any indication as to errors.

5. Check to see if any of your IPs or hosted domains are in any of the RBL lists.

You may have already done some of this, but you didn't say...

1. Have your clients verify that their outgoing emails are not still in their 'outbox', or if they received any error message from their mail client software.
YES I HAVE TESTED FROM MY SIDE TO.

2. Many ISPs here in California have implemented port 25 blocking on ADSL/xDSL accounts. Have them check if their ISP is blocking port 25.
I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE CASE BUT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE

3. Have a client send an outgoing message while you are able to monitor the 'messages' and 'maillog' files. They may give additional error information.
I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO MONITOR THE QUE LIVE

4. Review your past logs to see if there is any indication as to errors.

5. Check to see if any of your IPs or hosted domains are in any of the RBL lists.
CHECKED THIS BUT NONE ARE LISTED

You may have already done some of this, but you didn't say...

~~~~
I am using 4psa Spam Gaurdian, I have been trying to see if the is a default rule for RBL testing but have not found anything. I have also added a switch in the spamass local.cf : #disable network checks = skip_rbl_checks but that has not helped
:confused:

grrr :)

It's not the queue that you want to monitor, it's the actual log files.

/var/log/messages
/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

If no other way, you can use the linux 'tail' command from the CLI

By default, the 4psa SpamGuardian does not use RBL, neither does Plesk itself default to using any RBL.

RESOLVED

Hello,

Just as a follow up - that may help someone later.

Turns out the issue was due to a spamassin rule 25_uribl.cf
(my *.cf files were located in /usr/share/spamassassin and not in /etc/mail/spamassassin/ for some reason)

I added the domains to the whitelist.
# Top 125 domains whitelisted by SURBL
uridnsbl_skip_domain domain.net domain.co.za domain.com

sent a few tests using the ADSL smtp server and email is now been delivered.

:D

Back