• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"No migration agents found" error

jorfermo

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to migrate one server with migration manager and I'm getting this error:

No migration agents found. Data migration is not available.
Before this the error it's:

Notice: Undefined Variable: scouts in C:\...\Plesk\Admin\plib\backup\MigrationAgentForm on line 64 .

Source server is Windows 2003 + Plesk 9.3 and destination Windows 2008 R2 + Plesk 9.3

Any help would be appreciated

I had already seen that post. Unfortunately it didn't help.

I have installed 9.3 version of migration manager in both hosts.

This is what I'm getting in the log:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>0</errcode>
<data>
<scout-result migration-session-id="20100113123608300">
<os-info loadavg="28.03" os="Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2"></os-info>
<remote-fs>
</remote-fs>
</scout-result>
</data>
</response>

I have updated already submitted request to developers with problem described by you. Let's wait their answer.

Still no news.....?

What´s happening on this problem?

We are in dire need to have a server migrated and need a solution sooner than yesterday...

What do we do - Igor?

I had to open a support ticket.

They changed some dlls in the source server. The ticket is still open cause it doesn't work very fine yet.

I guess problem will be solved in next releases.

Migrations 9.3 continued...

Yes - but the problem is that they release such extremely important tools with obvious bugs in them - it was the same in some of the 8.xx releases...

Furthemore they still use the obsolete PHP 4.4.7 and 5.2.6 versions in their latest 9.3 release - unfortunately it seems as if they are slowing down on their developers, so that even new releases are not really up-to-date on the developments in eg. PHP...

Hopefully they will come with a very quick solution to this migration problem for Plesk 9.3 as it holds back any of Plesk buyers from migrating anything, causing clients to flee from Plesk owners.

I hope to hear from Igor at Parallels or anybody else from Parallels very soon about a patch or new PM agent that actually works - we are really, really in problems right now beceuse we can´t migrate from an old server that is about to quit from this life..

Yes... don't tell me. I'm also suffering day by day all those problems

About php... we just update PHP version manually and it usually works without any flaws.

Sure - but if You update PHP manually You will most likely run into many other problems at a time, as all Plesk interfaces are only validated to the version in the latest Plesk and if You Yourself has updated to a newer PHP than the one in the latest version You will be informed by Parallels that they do not support that version and any problem You might have is on Your own responsibility as You have done the PHP upgrade Yourself...

Even a support ticket won´t help You then and You will have to downgrade to have it solved - not a good idea.

The solution You talk about with the dlls are - as I have seen in this forum - when You migrate 9.2.x->9.3 - right?

That is not my problem.

I am trying to migrate a 9.3->9.3 with the latest Migration Agent and that is causing a lot of problems as we can´t even partially migrate..

Still hoping for an ETA from Igor or other Parallels people very soon....

I'm talking about the php used for clients, not the one that rules control panel. I've never had any problem upgrading it and support never told me anything about that. In fact, if I'm not mistaken there's an entry on the KB explaining you how to make this upgrade manually.

I'm also migrating from 9.3 to 9.3 so the dlls that they changed are not available to download. That's why I said that they'd probably release a new versión with this thing patched.

On each main release of Plesk there is a list saying which versions of eg. mailservers, ftp servers, PHP etc. that version supports.

If You change to a newer version thatn what that version is listet to support, You are no eligble for support.

We tried it some time ago, when we had upgraded MailEnable to the newest version at that time, because it had some security flaws - shortly after we ran into a mail related problem and Parallels very soon ruled out that they would do anything at all with the problem as they stated that the version of Plesk did not support that version of Mailenable.

You could run into similar problems if Your clients suddenly suffers from strange PHP problems, as P won´t even look at it before You downgrade..

Igor...?

Igor - do You have any news or update on this problem...??

Hi all,

Wondering if there has been any progress on this issue. I am attempting to migrate from win2003 running plesk 9.3.0 to win2008 running plesk 9.3.0 and cant get the Plesk Migration Manager to connect.

yes have tried that workaround.

I now get this error in plesk:

Error: pmm utility 'migration_handler' raised an exception. Error code is: 1
See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this

Here is the bottom section of the pmmcli.log file:

== STDERR ====================

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1846, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1750, in migration_get_objects_list
return ActionRunner(MigrationGetObjectsListAction, migration_task_description, migration_session_id).doActivity()
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 75, in doActivity
result = self.processor.doActivity()
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1316, in doActivity
return pmm_migration_handler.MigrationHandler.migrationGetObjectsList( self.__migration_session_id ,self.__agent_to_use.getValueOf_() )
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmm_migration_handler.py", line 201, in migrationGetObjectsList
return MigrationHandler.callMigrationHandlerWithResponse('--migration-get-objects-list', session_id = migration_session_id, input_str = agent_to_use)
File "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmm_migration_handler.py", line 501, in callMigrationHandlerWithResponse
raise PMMUtilityException('migration_handler', x)
PMMUtilityException: was finished with exit code 1

2144: 2010-02-09 13:10:56,614 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>1000</errcode>
<errmsg>pmm utility 'migration_handler' raised an exception. Error code is: 1
See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this</errmsg>
</response>

Same problem here from 9.3 to 9.3

No Migration Agents Found and it is running on both.

Back