• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No properly formed ip addresses

Shazan

Basic Pleskian
Hello to everyone,

I am trying to activate my SB license but, when I confirm the activation code, it shows the following error:

"No properly formed ip addresses"

1. I've configured the SB host through sb_config
2. the SB host is correctly configured at the DNS level and it resolves since 2 days ago
3. I can login into the SB interface at that URL
4. I can reach the port 5224 of ka.swsoft.com
5. the license is a one time and it's valid

Am I missing something else?

Try to check http://kb.odin.com/en/3567 article and make sure that Sitebuilder URL is resolved to correct IP address directly on the server where it's installed.
By the way, which OS do you use? As I remember there was specific issue with installation on FreeBSD server.

Yes, the Sitebuilder URL resolves to the main IP address of the server where it's installed.

The OS is CentOS 4 with Plesk 8.3

Do you use latest 4.2+hotfix2 version?

Also, do you have any security features enabled, like grsecurity? Please ouput the following command, if it is possible:
# uname -a

I've done a "yum update".

It found 2 new packages (sitebuilder and sitebuilder-core) but that didn't help.

Still not working... it looks really weird to me.

I've upgraded it to 4.2.3 but still no luck.

The error in the logs is always the same.

Do you suggest to open a ticket at this point?

Yes, please open the ticket. It should speed up the resolution as server investigation will be probably required. Create a ticket with detailed description of the issue and reference to this thread, just in case.

Back