1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

No Webmail on New IP Addresses

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by matt.simpson, Apr 28, 2009.

1. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Basic Pleskian

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm with others that this is a bug in 9.0.1?

1. Added two new IP addresses to a Plesk 9.0.1 server.
    2. Created a new client, and added the new IP's to the IP Pool.
    3. Restored a client backup to that client, and assigned his domains to the two new IPs.
    4. Everything worked fine accept webmail.anyofhisdomains.com.
    5. After looking into it further, I found that /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_atmail_vhost.conf and zzz_horde_vhost.conf have the original IP addresses from the server in them, but not the two new ones I added.

That's sort of annoying because AFAIK editing those files manually is a terrible idea as they will be overwritten.

~Matt

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. David Harris

David Harris Basic Pleskian

40%
    That may not be quite true, I have 9.01 and I added a new ip to my system yesterday. Just saw your post and decided to take a look, and it has added the new ip to the file.

Yet I still don't have webmail. I think my problem is dns related but I just cannot find the answer at the moment.

3. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Basic Pleskian

Hahaha. Figures... if I would have waited ONE more day Plesk 9.2 would have been out and I would have had the migration tools back, instead of going through the whole backup Plesk 7.5 > restore to Plesk 8.6 > backup Plesk 8.6 > restore to Plesk 9.0.1 process. haha.

Anyways, yes this indeed was a bug that is aparently resolved in Plesk 9.2. From the release notes:

[-] New IP addresses not being added to Webmail configuration files, leading to inability to access Webmail bug is fixed.

BTW: OS was RHEL4

~Matt

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. David Harris

David Harris Basic Pleskian

40%
    Might have been OS related, etc/apache2/conf.d/ here on Debian Etch

Glad it's fixed though :)