• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Webmail on New IP Addresses

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Just wanted to confirm with others that this is a bug in 9.0.1?

1. Added two new IP addresses to a Plesk 9.0.1 server.
2. Created a new client, and added the new IP's to the IP Pool.
3. Restored a client backup to that client, and assigned his domains to the two new IPs.
4. Everything worked fine accept webmail.anyofhisdomains.com.
5. After looking into it further, I found that /etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz_atmail_vhost.conf and zzz_horde_vhost.conf have the original IP addresses from the server in them, but not the two new ones I added.

That's sort of annoying because AFAIK editing those files manually is a terrible idea as they will be overwritten.

~Matt

Last edited:
That may not be quite true, I have 9.01 and I added a new ip to my system yesterday. Just saw your post and decided to take a look, and it has added the new ip to the file.

Yet I still don't have webmail. I think my problem is dns related but I just cannot find the answer at the moment.

Hahaha. Figures... if I would have waited ONE more day Plesk 9.2 would have been out and I would have had the migration tools back, instead of going through the whole backup Plesk 7.5 > restore to Plesk 8.6 > backup Plesk 8.6 > restore to Plesk 9.0.1 process. haha.

Anyways, yes this indeed was a bug that is aparently resolved in Plesk 9.2. From the release notes:

[-] New IP addresses not being added to Webmail configuration files, leading to inability to access Webmail bug is fixed.

BTW: OS was RHEL4

~Matt

Last edited:
Back