1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Non-existant sub-domains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PedstersPlanet, Jun 22, 2006.

1. PedstersPlanet

PedstersPlanet Guest

If someone points to say http://test.domain.com which doesn't exist, they get the default (domain) plesk page. Is there a way to configure it to go to a 404 page?

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Have you removed the DNS entry
    Code:
    [b]*.domain.com.  CNAME  domain.com.[/b]

3. PedstersPlanet

PedstersPlanet Guest

Theres no DNS entry like that in plesk......

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

But there may be at one of the following (which also handle DNS for your domain):
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk
    ns.hosteurope.com
    ns2.hosteurope.com

hosteurope may be in your domain registrar's info as being related. You need to look at your dnsreport and clean up things to get rid of the failures....

5. PedstersPlanet

PedstersPlanet Guest

But if i remove the:

*............A............ {I.P}
    or
    @..........A............{I.P}
    (I forget which)

.....then sub-domains won't work, unless my clients/me update the DNS each time adding the sub-domaine name....

The only CNAME I/We have is for the FTP.

If I mis-read you, I appologise

6. PedstersPlanet

PedstersPlanet Guest

There's must be a fix for this...... as many other Apache servers (not necessarily with Plesk installed) do not have this glitch/problem..
    Anyone?