• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Odd Admin Session

G

grassmonster

Hi to all

Has anyone noticed after login into plesk admin panel as admin, the warning bar displaying session information that a user by the same name is already logged in?

This has happened to me during the last 2 nights.
Each odd admin session is timed at 04:03am and ip 127.0.0.1

Here is the snippet from the session table:

admin 127.0.0.1 Sept 5, 2008 04:03 AM 01:55:58

I have checked the logs and can't seem to find anything suspicious.
I upgraded Plesk and Sitebuilder a few days ago and so I am wondering if the strange event is occuring from then?

Would appreciate any feedback on the problem...

regards

--------

That does seem suspicious. The only way I can see a login from localhost happening is if either firefox were running from the local system, or there was a proxy of some kind (ssh port forwarding for example).

I noticed the same thing a few days ago! Couldn't explain it ..
a session from localhost.

Just an update ... still getting the localhost admin logged in user.
I have been trying various step by step progress of switching off cron jobs and WatchDog tasks one by one...
nothing to report as yet...
if anyone else gets the same problem... can they please confirm whether or not they have any 4psa software running on their plesk server...
that's it for now
regards
GM

I didn't notice it anymore since I killed that session in Plesk.
But I did have it before.
I am not using any 4psa software.

I had the same hope when it remained clear for 2 days after the session was dropped
Please let me know if it returns..
by the way .. if you can remember, was the login timed at 04:03
GM

I have had it as well. I am thinking it has something to do with backups because its logged in when backups are scheduled to run. I however could be totally wrong

That's really interesting...
I had backup software running on additional 4psa packages but during this strange problem I disabled them all... but the login still kept appearing on odd days at 4:03am

The phantom admin hasn't visited me today however ... so it's a bit of a waiting game until tomorrow...

GM

Did anyone find a reason for this? I just noticed this on my server too. There is nothing in the admin logs that shows anyone accessing the control panel at the time 127.0.0.1 logged in.

This is webalizer

This is webalizer doing it's daily process.

This is interesting, I just had the same problem for the first time since I upgraded to 10.4.4 last week. When I logged to the panel there was this other admin session from 127.0.0.1 but it kiled itself after a while

Back