1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

offine/online flipping

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by Gorgon@, May 3, 2006.

1. Gorgon@

Gorgon@ Guest

Hi folks,

I'm just looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have 2 Plesk servers:

1 x RHES v3 running plesk v7.5.4
    1 x RHES v4 running plesk v7.5.4

The RHES v3 server is also running Expand v1.1.2.

About a week ago I started getting email messages saying that the RHESv4 server was 'offline' and about a minute later it would be back 'online'. Now it does this 2 or 3 times per day.

The RHESv4 server is up and running normally during these periods. I have a bunch of monitoring going on so I know when a server or a service is down.

I guess my question is, what does expand to do determine if a server is online or offline? If I knew that I might be able to track this down.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
    mikeS

2. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    I can't help you exactly but I'll add some comments that are my opinion.

I suspect Expand logs on to the other servers on port 8442. I don't think it pings because that would be too obvious and some firewalls block pings. You should probably examine the server at the time of the alleged failure to see if port 8442 is open. My gut feel is that you're having some kind of a networking problem, or a hung process on the destination server.

3. Gorgon@

Gorgon@ Guest

Good points. Thanks eugenevdm.

M