1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Optimize the PLESK database

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Toepes, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Toepes

Toepes Guest

Is there a tool to optimize the PLESK database ? I optimize (and repair) the customertables once a day with the command mysqlcheck -u -p -A -r -o

OR is it not advisable to do ?

2. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

Yes, You can do it, but mysqlcheck verities index for database.
    You can optimize database by ini file.

3. Toepes

Toepes Guest

:confused: could you be more specific, as for now i don't understand what you mean with the .ini ?

4. jbuts

jbuts Guest

Actually, I recommend you install Plesk 7.5.6. It uses more optimised queries for Mysql.

5. Toepes

Toepes Guest

This version 7.5.6 is installed. But i let a batchjob optimize and repair all customer databases once a day. So i thought maybe it would also be good to include the plesk database.

6. cybernova

cybernova Guest

the default plesk runs on port 8306 ....so you can use the myisamchek binary to check and repair the tables....