1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OS requirements for MSP

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by GregorL, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregorL

GregorL Basic Pleskian

60%
    I apologize if this is mentioned somewhere, I just could not find it.
    Can MSP Preview 1 be installed on CentOS 6?

2. Blake@Parallels

Blake@Parallels Regular Pleskian

73%
    Hi Gregor,

This first preview can only be installed on CentOS/RedHat 5 in x86 or x86_64 architecture.

3. dynamicnet

dynamicnet Basic Pleskian

90%
    Good day, Blake:

We've been getting questions from our H-Sphere provider customers as to when CentOS 6 will be supported.

We had a case less than two weeks ago where a customer had a hard drive crash; and the data center recommended CentOS 5 or 6 given he was on 4 (with 4 going EOL early 2012).

While I understand preview 1 is CentOS 4 and 5, for when MSP is released, can you please have it ready for CentOS 4 to 6?

Thank you.

P.S. On that note, I do believe it would be great for customers who need time to get money, time to plan, etc. that operating systems would be supported (in terms of the software being able to be installed and work on it) until 1 to 2 years past their official EOL.

4. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Regular Pleskian Plesk Team

57%
    Hi,
    We will not support CentOS 4 for the Management Node. Service nodes will have much wider range of OSs and their versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.