1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OS X - Intel????

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tspore, Nov 3, 2006.

1. tspore

tspore Guest

Ok, my current hosting company just screwed me over for the last time. I run my mail servers seperate than my webservers, and well. They just closed on 20 accounts my port 25, so I cannot send out emails using my mail server, where my reverse IP goes too... Blah, blah, blah...
    So Apple just released Intel Servers. And well my Mac Pro ROCKS. I would really like to get a couple intel servers for hosting. Do you think that plesk, or if plesk is listening.... Will you release a OS X version? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
    I will even buy the box if I have to get one built.... Maybe a box for a license?
    I like OSX much more than Linux. But Apple Server isn't built to be a Plesk CP.
    Let me know...

2. tspore

tspore Guest

On second thought, I would really like to build a hosting plan on Mac Mini's .... they take up so little room, and when 1 goes bad I could just throw it out for their price. How about plesk which could run on that?

3. Mirco@

Mirco@ Basic Pleskian

53%
    Hope you're joking - check the disk specs again :)

4. tspore

tspore Guest

I agree, that the basic disk is slow, and there also isn't enough ram. Both of which I do ugrade automatically.
    That isn't an issue.

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

There is an OS X version of Plesk. PowerPC only at the moment though and only for OS X Workstation, not OS X Server. If you're getting an OS X Intel server you might as well go with the tools that come with it though.

6. RonTGoff

RonTGoff Guest

FC 5 will work on the mac intel. This will allow you to install Plesk. I just got it working today and here is a link to how I got it to work.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=486436&highlight=fedora+mac+mini

Here is the post but you may want to check it out in context.

I solved this on my intel mac mini.

I installed Fedora Core 5. Then right after I booted up off the CD into linux rescue.

I started up the interfaces. Once I got to the prompt.

chroot /mnt/sysimage

then I downloaded a lilo rpm for Fedora core 3 1386 structure, I couldn't find one for 5.

Then I

vi /etc/lilo.conf

boot=/dev/sda
    timeout=5
    default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp.img
    label=Linux
    read-only
    root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Notice the last line root=

This is the only way I could get it to boot up. I am posting this from FC5 on a mac mini intel.

7. tspore

tspore Guest

Thanks for the heads up, I will download it and screw around with it next week.
    -Tony

8. thewolf

thewolf Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hi,

I'd like a Plesk version for Mac OS X on Intel too!

Thanks.