• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

OS X - Intel????

T

tspore

Ok, my current hosting company just screwed me over for the last time. I run my mail servers seperate than my webservers, and well. They just closed on 20 accounts my port 25, so I cannot send out emails using my mail server, where my reverse IP goes too... Blah, blah, blah...
So Apple just released Intel Servers. And well my Mac Pro ROCKS. I would really like to get a couple intel servers for hosting. Do you think that plesk, or if plesk is listening.... Will you release a OS X version? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
I will even buy the box if I have to get one built.... Maybe a box for a license?
I like OSX much more than Linux. But Apple Server isn't built to be a Plesk CP.
Let me know...

On second thought, I would really like to build a hosting plan on Mac Mini's .... they take up so little room, and when 1 goes bad I could just throw it out for their price. How about plesk which could run on that?

I agree, that the basic disk is slow, and there also isn't enough ram. Both of which I do ugrade automatically.
That isn't an issue.

There is an OS X version of Plesk. PowerPC only at the moment though and only for OS X Workstation, not OS X Server. If you're getting an OS X Intel server you might as well go with the tools that come with it though.

FC 5 will work on the mac intel. This will allow you to install Plesk. I just got it working today and here is a link to how I got it to work.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=486436&highlight=fedora+mac+mini

Here is the post but you may want to check it out in context.

I solved this on my intel mac mini.

I installed Fedora Core 5. Then right after I booted up off the CD into linux rescue.

I started up the interfaces. Once I got to the prompt.

chroot /mnt/sysimage

then I downloaded a lilo rpm for Fedora core 3 1386 structure, I couldn't find one for 5.

Then I

vi /etc/lilo.conf

boot=/dev/sda
timeout=5
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp.img
label=Linux
read-only
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Notice the last line root=

This is the only way I could get it to boot up. I am posting this from FC5 on a mac mini intel.

Thanks for the heads up, I will download it and screw around with it next week.
-Tony

Back