1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Copy 1:1 a Linux to another computer

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by lvalics, May 14, 2005.

1. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Hi all,

I have an offtopic question.

I have 10 computers, all same configuartion.
    I want to setup 1 box with Linux, PLESK, upgrades all, then make an image (like norton ghost) and copy to all 9 computers and also to have a way to restore if needed original config (hackers or other problem)
    Anyone know a solution?

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

I am able to do this with the Corporate/Enterprise version (8+) of Norton Ghost. Have to set option for sector copying.

Install Norton Ghost Corp/Ent on Windows PC, make boot floppy with options. Then use to boot your linux box (with both drives in place) and let it image.

I have tried other imaging software and had not much luck, until I got the Corp/Ent edition.
    (expensive!)

Just last night I found a link to another software made for Linux to do this, I'll have to see if I saved the link.

3. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Please let me know.