• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Overusage page instead of blocking a domain

David Aguilar

Basic Pleskian
Hello all,

I have a problem, I'm managing a shared webhost and there are so many domains in that server. My problem is that some times a domain is closed by overuse. It's ok but many of our customers don't read the advice e-mails or warnings from plesk, so they think that their webhost is closed.

I know that other panels like Cpanel when you pass the limits of usage show a web in the index telling "this web is closed due to overusage" or similar.

Is there a way in plesk 9.X to do that ?

Hello,

As far as I understand, you mean that a domain owner whose domain was suspended due to resource overuse should see a special warning on a main page of his domain, not the default Plesk page.

Currently Plesk does not provide such ability. You can set up notifications to come long before a resource exceeds its limit at

Home > Domains > domain.name > Resource Usage > Notify upon reaching

and take appropriate measures beforehand.

Regards,
Denis

Hello,

thanks for your reply, I know that I can notice my users but some of them don't take much care of their mail and when they see down their host they think that It's a server problem

I really agree with the OP. Having Plesk be able to post a overuse page when a user exceeds their limit would be VERY useful. Please pass this along to the dev team so it can be implemented in a future version.

Back