page links

D

dryan

I wonder if anyone can help? I'm using the SiteBuilder software and am a novice. My website is coming along but what I would like to do is be able to "jump" to a point further down the page from a link I put in at the top? I want to stay on the same page, but have a link at the top that will take you further down a list. Can you tell me how I can do this? As I say I'm a novice so I apologise if this is not the sort of question I should be bothering you with!

Many thanks.

As I know inserting anchors can help in this situation. Anchor is a word or a group of words that define the destination a hyperlink must lead to. Anchors are very helpful if you have a great amount of text on a single web page. With this function you can provide the readers of the message with the easy way to jump from one part of the web page to another, that is anchors are used for hyper links which lead to the specific parts of a web page.

For more information try to refer to documentation:

http://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/Windows/docs/3.2/en_US/sitebuilder-3.2-win-users-guide/ -> Creating Site Content -> Working with Text -> Inserting Links

anchors

Hi Dmitry and thank you so much for the reply. It seems I don't have the 3.2 version of SiteBuilder: it is provided as part of my package with hosting and it appears that they have provided me with version 2.1.3? I've gone into the page and there is no option for "hyperlink manager". You've answered absolutely perfectly what I want to do within the page, but I'm so sorry that I didn't realise that my version was not 3.2. Is there any way I can still do this function in version 2.1.3? Is there some way I can put in an anchor "manually"?

Thank you so much for your help so far and I hope you can help me again!

First of all I moved this thread to appropriate location as I understand you have Sitebuilder for Linux, not for Windows. If you have Sitebuilder v.2.1.3 for Linux then you better to check this documentation:

ftp://download1.swsoft.com/SiteBuilder/2.1.3/doc/html/en_US/sitebuilder-ug/index.htm

but as I can see it is possible only to insert internal links to different pages and external links:

Using SiteBuilder, you can insert both internal and external links. Internal links point to other places of your website, taking the reader to related pages. External links pointing to other websites are often used to improve your website popularity and increase your website visitor traffic (the so-called link exchange).

But I can see for sure that it is definitely possible in latest Sitebuilder 3.x version.

Thanks again for the really quick reply. It doesn't look as though I can do what I need to and that's a real shame. :( I've not long bought this package so I'm guessing they have no plans to upgrade to a later version. All part of being a novice I guess and the "learning curve".

Back