• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

page_1129600953062.html

R

RogerW37

Why does SB create such strange page names?

SB was used to create a page called "Hosting Plans" which SB created it and called the page:
page_1129600953062.html

1. That's not web friendly when trying to refer people to specific pages.
2. That not search engine friendly either since search engines read the name of the pages.

Most of my clients are complaining about this problem and frankly I understand since I wouldn't want my site using page names like that either.

Any ideas? Is this a SB problem?

Thank you,
Roger

Below you can find Sitebuilder support team answer concerning this question:

We know about this situation with page names and already submitted feature request to our developers team. But I can't say exactly when
this feature, renaming pages to more appropriate names, will be implemented in Sitebuilder. I can say exactly that nearest update won't contain this feature

Thanks...I had gotten the same reply and hadn't had a chance to post it here yet. Thanks again...

Zero,

As noted above, it is up to SWSoft SiteBuilder developers to fix this. An email to them for support might help put it closer to a priority to resolve.

Roger

I did. They said that they were aware of the issue and they would pass it along to the developers, and "If it is approved they will implement this feature in SiteBuilder2.1.3."

Until then, I'm going to have to do something on my own.

Thanks for letting them know as I consider that an important feature as well.

Have a great day!
Roger

They just told me that it's NOT planned for the next update, but it should be in the next version - Sitebuilder 3. Sigh

Until then, I'm considering writing a script that will allow clients to view all the pages they just generated, and changing the page names according to page titles (or their own choices). Has anyone done that already?

Not that I'm aware of, but it does sound like a good idea. I suggest some good security in regards to who can use the script, keeping out hackers, etc.

That's why I was wondering if anyone had ever done it before :)

Ideally it would happen before publish, but I don't think that will be possible.

If I get it done then I'll be more than willing to share.

Back